PIP Award - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Award

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    You really should put the MR request in writing, stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Most MR decisions remain the same but requesting it over the phone without send the letter of request isn't advisable. They could turn around and say you didn't request it.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision.

Is this award lower than your previous award? If it is then that will explain why your PIP payment was less at some point.

Expect to have to take it to Tribunal because most people do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @poppy123456
    My award was decided two weeks ago and they never sent the letter informing me of their decision so two weeks have passed already. I think this was why the man on the phone suggested that I request a mandatory consideration and completed a form over the phone. He said that the letter had not been sent and that he would have the award letter released immediately. I also requested a copy of the assessor’s report. I will have to wait until I receive the award letter before I can write to them as you advise. 

Yes i I have a lower rate. I was on enhanced for both and now I’ve been awarded standard for both. At the end of the month they are paying me for May at my old rate and also my new rate. 

I was prepared for a mr and am also preparing myself to go to tribunal. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.