PIP refused - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP refused

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    The only new evidence I sent it to support my appeal was to point out where my assessment report was inaccurate and why.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    @Matilda  -  Like me you have clearly been treated badly..As I've said before my assessment was poor - inaccurately recording info, 'strange' statements such as 'likes reading and Shakespeare on-line', incorrect assumptions etc etc.

I just wanted to point out that it's not all bad.

In my case the DWP were very helpful in sorting things out and I couldn't agree that they "want people to go through as much stress and heartache as possible" as @harrison1959 believes.

That's just my experience...

• corblimey
    corblimey Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    I got a telephone hearing, the last tribunal I went to I took zopiclone instead of Valium the packets looked the same plus my mind was else where , needless to say I don’t know what happened it was just a load of blah blah blah , I’m going for the high rate mobility, as I cannot Plan or follow a journey thanks to the mild dementia I have it’s a bloody nightmare, why they don’t give me it , based on that Alone , I’ll never know 
  • corblimey
    I have good news for once regarding PIP mobility , just heard back from the tribunal  after a telephone hearing

regarding PIP mobility , they awarded me high rate mobility, it’s taken 3 years, I should be jumping up and down 
    but all I can think about is the next medical assessment and the report saying there’s nothing wrong with me and having to go through this all again 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @corblimey, I'm really pleased to read you won your PIP tribunal and were awarded high rate mobility!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • corblimey
    Thank you , so am I , I wished I needed a new car but I already have one , oh well at least I won’t have to pay road tax now , better then nothing 
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    cristobal said:
    @willwiil - If you can, try to concentrate on the reasons why you should have been awarded PIP, and how you satisfy the descriptors. Personally I wouldn't bother with the CCTV if it just shows people arriving at the house...

Good luck in any event....I hope that things turn out well...
    Exactly what i was thinking who cares about the CCTV or if u were alone or not. That wont get you PIP. Focus on the descriptors and see which ones are the most relevant to you and be honest with yourself, dont think you need enhanced when you really need standard..
  • corblimey
    I have more good news , I just got the document from the social entitlement chamber and for mobility and daily living it states “ it is inappropriate to fix a term” which I think means no more having to go and see the LYING Atos / independent assessment services toe-rags ever again , or deal with the idiots at the DWP 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @corblimey - that's sounds good...at least I think it does...

Does "it is inappropriate to fix a term" refer to the panel, or the DWP?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    My tribunal decision letter stated 'it is inappropriate to fix a term' and award letter fromDWP that followed said that my award has no end date but they will contact me 10 years after the start date of my award!
  • corblimey
    I bet the DWP during that time will no doubt be cooking up some thing to negate that I wouldn’t put it past them
  • Willwill
    Willwill Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Hello to all,, and thanks for comebacks and others in their experience ,, In February I requested SAR of what DWP have on me  , then phone call from WALES from the data office  who has my/your data details , they asked what details I wanted  which was anything written , phone calls ect .. a large package came through the post  was sent to me within 22 days ,,,
    UPDATE  ,,after several phone conversations CITIZENS ADVICE the past few weeks,, From there DWP has sent me a package of there  package to me of my data also package to CA and to Tribunal persons  ,,YESTERDAY  In  had appointment a lady in the Citizen  Advice yesterday,, took my documents of SAR from WALES and docs  from DWP office Wolverhampton, Lady of CA noted from all my docs from my SAR but   were not in her DWP docs , some were missing !!! The DWP  report the reasons of taking my PIP away contradicts there selves in written docs and she has spotted many other contradictions of there statements ..She has put this into further document to the tribunal of points to notice also certain documents not in her file but in my SAR files , also 2 pages NHS  of  4 are missing from my file but were in my SAR file from WALES , surely points to how DWP operate  ,  Today have personal delivered a written note request   to  my local GP  for a SAR anything written for my NHS files .Will probably take a week and will on DVD with password code which I will  to collect 

my NHS docs 4 pages were sent in by request to  DWP  October 2018.. 1 of my meds 30 mg Mirtazapine 
    My home visit with assessor  December 28  2018 , showed my repeat prescription 6 number  total 

2019 January 26 In DWP refusal report was meds of   Mirtazapine was 30 mg 
    contested the report 

2019 May  A reply to my contest  of case refused again and notes of  my notes of my 
    Mirtazapine is now  45 mg

my question is how did DWP lawfully  get information  with out my permission for access, of my increase 30 mg to 45 mg of 
    Mirtazapine from my NHS medical records  !!!!

good luck to all 

• corblimey
    If you ask me I’d say they broke the data protection act saying that the DWP can get away with murder , it’s funny how if you lie to the DWP you can get prosecuted or sanctioned, but when they lie 
    nothing happens 
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Willwill wrote: my question is how did DWP lawfully  get information  with out my permission for access, of my increase 30 mg to 45 mg of Mirtazapine from my NHS medical records  !!!!

When you sign your application form for PIP you are giving the DWP permission to access your medical records from any contacts you name on the form.

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Willwill wrote: my question is how did DWP lawfully  get information  with out my permission for access, of my increase 30 mg to 45 mg of Mirtazapine from my NHS medical records  !!!!

When you sign your application form for PIP you are giving the DWP permission to access your medical records from any contacts you name on the form.

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Exactly you are signing up for a disability benefit, they will get your medical records or any one who goes to an assessment with a put on limp would get pip.  There has to be checks and balances. My issue is you hear about people's reports being lies and they don't seem to read the medical evidence and think well this does not look right. They mostly just go with whatever the report says and not take into consideration medical records when the report contradicts them.
  • Willwill
    edited June 2019
    hello@buzzer ,, DWP asked me to get and send page /documents from a period of time  in  OCTOBER 2018 which were sent by post as requested,,,,  if as you say they can view my files without my consent  then ""why did they ask me to send docs of my files from GP to DWP "" if so, why would they  ask for my NHS Docs,, my GP a corporate company  have to adhere to not to breach rules of the DATA protection Act of sending my details  to a 3rd party , !!!! also in my last post there was 2 documents out of 4 were  missing when sent to my adviser and the Tribunal panel.. before DWP (Wol)sent those documents to my advisor and Tribunal panel , we sent for SAR (wales) where  we got all what DWP (Wol) have written and and recorded phone calls , where all 4 (not 2) docs are now on there way to Tribunal board also DWP contradict  there selves in their very own statements , from that  we have also got all files SAR (local) from my NHS GP are also on way to tribunal panel , have good weekend 

P.S.  DWP deny that my sister was present at my home visit , DWP (Wol) were not at my home ,,assessor was ,,so how is it they quote my ""SISTER"" in their reply letter to me of my witness who sent in a supporting statement of Malfeasance of a person in  public office !!! because if on my own with assessor , no sister exist in assessors report , there should ne no mention of ""SISTER"" yet DWP (Wol) mention the word ""SISTER""   !!!!!!!! 
    when assessor came to my home I introduced person as my ""SISTER"" NO NAME , yet letter from DWP (Wol) saying my sister and her name !!!not present , I only introduced her as my sister ONLY (no name) to assessor .. 
    Time for another SAR (wales) from DWP from JAN 2019  to June 2019,, tata for now
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    @Willwill DWP don't have access to your medical records as @ilovecats has advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Willwill
    thankyou poppy123456
  • Willwill
    Hello to all , it has been a long time since I last post , which reasons was my depression and anxiety ,,I have RA,, 
    Multi Level Degenerative Disk Disease which you can google central canal stenosis  also suffer depression /anxiety 

I have had my Tribunal today 3 October, where DWP stopped my  award in January with 0 points on all subjects and was very traumatic at tribunal ,,,I have had CAB help me with papers ect  to prepare for my case and my sister was going to come with me for support but she also suffers with RA and had problems this morning 

The lady at CAB who has bee helping told me DWP very rarely turn up, but today I was shocked DWP also a judge , doctor and another lady !! there  many questions were asked , one of the was a double decker bus where 10 were in line  and the question was how long would it take to walk along the 10 buses,,  I  was so confused I stated I could not answer this question,,,,  I was then asked if I went to a shop,, I replied that a shop was on the opposite side of the road to my house , Doctor then asked if there were house's  in between ,  was confused yet again  as  if there were house's  the would block the road !!! after a while the Judge seemed to notice my demeanour and asked if I wanted to stop,  I really wanted to go home with my anxiety but I relented and said t carry on as the sooner I can get home ,,,, Then the lady asked some questions then I asked the lady if I  can go home, The judge intervened and said I do not have to stop and can leave if I wish but it would be in my best interest to continue but have a break
    I thought I would like a break but having a break I realised this would prolong my anxiety even more so as the tears were running down my cheek, I decided t carry on so to home soon,  In my papers which have to be sent to me and CAB  I was asked to turn to page 147 , but my papers only went to 127 , where we my CAB worker  I my self  realise now DWP did not send all papers where by law the have to subject all transparency, very naughty indeed , DWP rep sat next to me and on his PC has page 147 on his PC  , When we came to meeting over the judge said to me a decision will be decided today and will be informed by post in next couple of days I got home and was so exhausted , had a sleep and now awake at 12:45 a.m. in writing this of my experience ,
     I did find the questions asked were to see how my ability's or non abilities  were affecting me daily, regardless of the 10 double decker bus's or the house's in  the middle of the road 
    I await the post through my letter box in despair 

All the best to those seeking referral their case/s
    Will

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.