PIP Appeal lost - and changed to no award! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal lost - and changed to no award!

Options
2»

Comments

• Glad2bhere
    Glad2bhere Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Im glad I just saw this, I got pipped last summer, after one lot of surgery (my second hip replacement) whilst waiting to get an op to straighten and rebuild my foot. Id been dropped from high mobility to standard in July, so thought it sensible to ask them to review, as I was struggling to walk anyway, facing months off my feet and already facing other different stomach surgery by the time I got the op, I asked for copy of assessor report this time, and its bizarre, going on about a shop next door, which  doesnt exist. etc.  I think I might decide not to go for a mandatory reconsideration, as I have no faith that they will stop treating me like some sort of fully functional person just because I work at a University, I have rubbish balance, neuropathy, and almost no sense of direction, but because the "shop next door" woman rang me when assessor was with me, she commented in her report about me making small talk at the till with the shop woman. No, our water supply up and down the road went off without warning, and as nice people, both my neighbours rang cos Id just come home from hospital, and then my dad died. Neighbours here look out for each other, but feels like  it's being held against me! The shop woman is an accountant's secretary in the office which does my husband's business accounts. Another reason for our "friendly relationship."  What I want to do is challenge their decisions and points scoring because they are relying on a report which is so bizarre I dont think it has any credibility. I wondered if anyone can advise about how I complain about the strange information the assessor has included, because in the days when I was writing formal reports for the Courts, if Id come out with some nonsense like turned up in the PIP thing, Id have been up for competency proceedings. And just for fun, having been pipped in July 17, and April 18, Ive got to go through it again in 12 months. Oh please!
  • Aaron34uk
    Aaron34uk Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    Type your commentWELL I HAVE JUST SENT MY mr IN WRITING TODAY 7 PAGES im discusted how the medical person lied
  • Aaron34uk
    Options
    told her I cannot walk more than 20 50 pmetres without having rest and pain she gave me 0
  • Aaron34uk
    Options
    thanks for all your comments will let you know  when I get MR BACK so far im on 10 points daily 11 points  walkin
  • Aaron34uk
    Options
    i think anhyone would mr with them points and seeing lies in report

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.