Assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just received the report from my assessment. Like many others it is totally wrong with so much omitted and so many lies so I am requesting a mandatory reconsideration. 
My award was decided two weeks ago but they still have not sent me the letter which was admitted by someone on the phone yesterday. I know there are only four weeks to request a mr but I need an extension. Is it possible to get an extension for a mr? TIA

Comments

• sheZZa
    edited June 2019
     I have just received the report from my assessment. Like so many others it is wrong, full of lies and so many things omitted. My award was granted two weeks ago, however they still have not sent me the letter confirming and advising me of this and it was apparently being sent out yesterday and will take approximately 7 days to arrive. I want to apply for a mandatory consideration and have done this over the phone but have yet to put it in writing as advised.  I am aware that you have four weeks to request a mandatory reconsideration but I only have two weeks to do (their fault). Is it possible to request an extension for the mandatory consideration as I still do not have any correspondence regarding this I only found out about my award yesterday over the phone yesterday. TIA
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @sheZZa - don't worry you have one month from the date on your decision letter.

Prepare now, don't wait for the letter.

Use the copy of the assessment to identify which areas you disagree with, and give examples of what you can/ can't do and how you cope.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Also avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told. DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    We hear so many people going what your going through. Many also believe the report from the assessment is about someone else NOT about you.

The lies or as I call it bend the truth in their favour and not yours. The lies at times are so blatant to say the least.

Many times these assessments are failing people day in day out, and this Tory government are doing jack to resolve these ongoing problems.

This government are just out to deny people of what their entitled too. Don't just explain the report is full of lies, instead try to explain how you fit the descriptors for PIP.

Just do MR if that fails appeal this decision and the chances will be a lot higher in your favour.

Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You have up to 13 months to ask for an MR if you have good reason for being late. Not receiving the decision letter is a good reason
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sheZZa
    @cristobal
    I thought it was one month. I haven’t got much time left. I have asked for assistance from my housing association benefits officer who assisted me to complete my esa form last week. He is coming to my house on Tuesday and is bringing relevant forms with him. 
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    it will be very difficult not to mention any lies as the whole report is one big lie.
  • sheZZa
    @Government_needs_reform
    You are most definitely right. My story is the same as everyone else’s that I’ve read on here. The government are despicable. I am going to write to my local mp. A friend of mine did this (funnily enough we both had the same assessor) and she got involved and really helped. 
    I will be rewriting the whole form I think. 

• sheZZa
    @CockneyRebel
    I didn’t know that. The chap on the phone didn’t sound very pleased when he checked and found the form hadn’t been sent. I didn’t know that you had a year to request a mr. I definitely have a good excuse. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @sheZZa

My assessment was n't done well but a fair bit of it was irrelevant, there was some opinion that I disagreed with and some slightly 'strange' statements which, although wrong, wasn't of any consequence..

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the rights and wrongs - I'd concentrate on giving some good examples for the descriptors that you disagree with.

Maybe you could look at the descriptors on the DWP website, if you haven't already done so?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    sheZZa said:
    @poppy123456
    it will be very difficult not to mention any lies as the whole report is one big lie.
    In which case forget about the report. Say which descriptors apply to you and why, giving 2 3 real examples of what happens when you attempt each activity. If you have sent evidence then reference to it each and every time it is relevant.
    It is easy to say forget about the lies but it really will do you no good to bring them up and won't help you get the award you deserve
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    @CockneyRebel is right here. If it gets to Tribunal and most do then HMCTS will not appreciate you mentioning any lies. They will see any discrepancies for their self. They will only be interested in the facts and nothing more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    @CockneyRebel
    @cristobal
    What is HMCTS?
    I won’t mention any lies and I will take all of your advice into account. I feel quite calm about it all actually. It’s been a fiasco from start to finish starting with a woman wrongly filling out the review form for me. Oh how I wish I hadn’t asked for assistance but it’s to late now. I received my award (reward for having disabilities) letter today and my son’s reaction to it was so funny. He’s not an aggressive person and doesn’t swear but a few bleeps came out of his mouth when I read it to him lol. 
    I had a very nice chap from my housing association, who deals with benefits, come to  my house to help me complete my esa review form last week. He is coming this Tuesday to help me with the pip mandatory reconsideration. He said that the HA pays the CAB for two people to support those who are appealing esa or pip who have complex cases like mine. At the moment I feel a little more positive with the support from him and all of you so, thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    HMCTS = Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunal Service. Good luck.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    Its obvious now you’ve said. Thank you
  • sheZZa
    @CockneyRebel
    inhad quite a lot of evidence from reports written by my different consultants but the lady from the DWP wrote my national insurance number on every one and then photocopied them all, but only sent some and I don’t know which ones she has sent and which ones she hasn’t and I know it’s pointless sending them twice.
  • poppy123456
    It won't hurt to send them twice. Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Once you get to this stage you'll be sent the "bundle" this will contain all the evidence you sent. It will also contain the assessment report. You will need to keep this and take it with you to the hearing.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    Thank you. I’ll send what I think is relevant.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.