How loud do you ratlle? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How loud do you ratlle?

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
  • Monday to Friday: 10 tablets a day
  • Saturday: 11 tablets
  • Sunday: 19 tablets
  • Total: 80 tablets a week excluding pain relief
There would be one extra daily but Doc reduced one medication by half to reduce of affecting eyesight.
Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday. 17 tablets.
    Friday, 27 tablets.
    Sunday 18 tablets. 
    Also 5 different lots of eye drops and creams.
    Got to put drops in every 2 hours when awake. 
    130 a week now.
  • KG100
    Pre paid precriptions really help, I only pay £10.40p per month for 15 different types of prescriptions now that are all lifelong. 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Any advance on 134 ...plus three inhalers and a nebuliser??Looking at tablets makes me feel sick . Thank God we don,t pay for prescriptions in Scotland .Or bedroom tax ...plus families are now going to get an extra £10 per child per week hanks to the SNP ...does not sound a lot but two children and that's an extra £1000 a year. 
    Me ...well I,m still under the Westminster government when it comes to disability , I got forms to fill in for PIP 5 years ago , I have been on disability for  15 years and PIP for five years now 6 months off 65 and I get called for PIP2 ... whatever that is ? ( waiting on more forms ) . 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Up to 10 tablets a day (2 different kinds).  Then can take up to 8 tablets a day if other symptoms occur.  Yes, I agree @Seanchai, thank god we don't pay for our prescriptions up here.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • KG100
    Something I explained to the PIP assessor was that I get tired from my illnesses and also my medications, and also the side effects of all my medications together !!
    She had asked me why I thought I'd got so tired during the day. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    27 tablets a day, 4 liquids (1 4x a day)

189 tablets a week...28 liquids....jesus! To think it used to be more! I dread to think how much my prescriptions would cost if I didn't have the exemption card!

Blimey, that really has shocked me!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • KG100
    Even more of a shock if you add them up over a year !!
  • Ami2301
    Oh god, don't! ? now I'm tempted to check it on the calculator!
  • Ami2301
    9828 tablets a year...
  • KG100
    And the assessors wonder why we get tired and fatigued !!
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Aww, c'mon guys, ointments, creams, lotions, inhalers and nebulisers is cheating. :p
    What about Warfarin - 4 prescriptions of 0.5mg, 1mg, 3mg and 5mg (or combinations of) to make up a single dose.?!? Glad I'm on Rivaroxaban now - at least that doesn't need monitoring, I have very shy veins.
    @KG100 Side effects - don't talk to me about Metfartin. :s

• GettinOlde
    Oh, PIP, never claimed it as I always thought it was for the severely disabled, but just been informed by CAB that I should have claimed it years ago and have probably lost about £15k plus for not doing so.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Sure , if I did not have my inhalers and nebuliser then I would not need the other medication ....as I would be dead ???
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Seanchai said:
    Sure , if I did not have my inhalers and nebuliser then I would not need the other medication ....as I would be dead ???
    But they don't rattle - ok, so mine does a little.
    Oh, I see - death rattle. o:)
  • KG100
    Aww, c'mon guys, ointments, creams, lotions, inhalers and nebulisers is cheating. :p
    What about Warfarin - 4 prescriptions of 0.5mg, 1mg, 3mg and 5mg (or combinations of) to make up a single dose.?!? Glad I'm on Rivaroxaban now - at least that doesn't need monitoring, I have very shy veins.
    @KG100 Side effects - don't talk to me about Metfartin. :s

I've been on warfarin for 18 years now but have never been given the 0.5 ones. I have to snap my 1mg ones in half when I go down to 9.5 !!
  • KG100
    My veins have shrunk over the last few years from all the blood tests and things, they now sometimes take it from my hands which I hate !!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    not on as many meds as most, but take 4 in am and 4 in  pm. also get creams and special wash and pads on script, oh and wee bags, plus catheter kits....all this would add up to a huge amount of money...one good thing about being over 60!

Brightness