PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

petermac
petermac Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can someone tell me how the government with their PIP can be so cruel to people who need help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Lots of people successfully claim PIP first time, without any problems at all but we hardly ever hear the good stories. If someone's had the decision they are happy they don't have any questions to ask, so we don't hear their story.

Naturally on an internet forum you'll hear lots of bad stories because people need help.

Unfortunately, you can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors you won't score the points for an award.

For those that are not happy with the decision then MR is the first step to Tribunal. Those that appear in person have a 74% chance of success.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, it doesn’t matter which party is in power the benefits system would be still the same.  The rules for claiming benefits may seem unfair but if you are a genuine claimant and can and do meet the criteria for claiming the benefits you are applying for then the system is fair, I know we have to jump through hoops and prove our disability, abilities and need of the said benefit but when we stand back and look at the bigger picture if it was a free for all and no or little investigation into each claimants claim the country would be bankrupt not enough money being collected from taxes to pay the benefits, pensions ect. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.