Won tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won tribunal

shaz02
shaz02 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Won pip at tribunal for our son, dwp asked for statement of reasons, have had sor back 2.1/2 weeks still not heard anything, how long do you normally wait to hear anything.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's really nothing more you can do but wait. Backdated money can take 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @shaz02. Please let us know when you finally hear back about it. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • shaz02
    ok thanks, I will let you know as soon as I hear.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shaz02 and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Scope

• shaz02
    Hi everyone, got a phone call yesterday, saying they've accepted the statement of reasons & my sons money will be in the bank within 3-5 working days, a long haul after his ftf last june, but got there in the end.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Thats amazing. 
  • Iamgettingthere67
    Iamgettingthere67 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Delighted for you. It shouldn't be so hard though. Best wishes.
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Well done, it's a good feeling to know you finally get what you're entitled to after all the stress caused by these assessments.

Some questions:

Do you get a copy of the SoR too? Do DWP Always (or at least, most of the time) request this? my Tribunal was over 2 weeks ago and I have not heard anything back yet.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger

Do you get a copy of the SoR too? Do DWP Always (or at least, most of the time) request this? my Tribunal was over 2 weeks ago and I have not heard anything back yet.

You only get a copy of the SOR if you request it. No, they don't always request it but if they plan to then they have 1 month from the date of the decision. If they do request it, it doesn't mean they are appealing because they can only appeal if an error in law is found.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Iamgettingthere67
    Well done, it's a good feeling to know you finally get what you're entitled to after all the stress caused by these assessments.

Some questions:

Did you win your tribunal pipquestions2?

I waited a month after winning mine and then DWP got in touch with me and I got my money shortly afterwards.  It's a nervous wait. 
  • shaz02
    edited June 2019

I don't think they ask for a sor for everyone. & yes we also got the sor.

• Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering

Some questions:

Did you win your tribunal pipquestions2?

I waited a month after winning mine and then DWP got in touch with me and I got my money shortly afterwards.  It's a nervous wait. 
    Yup won my tribunal 2.5 weeks ago. Just when Shaz said here took 2.5 weeks I was wondering, hoping they don't ask for sor for me too
  • Iamgettingthere67
    They didn't ask for a SOR in my case. Hope very much that you will hear something positive at the end of 4 weeks. They have to wait that long in case you take issue with the decision which of course is daft when you have won and all is reinstated. It's the way it is though.

You are getting nearer to the end of your nightmare all being well.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.