I made a complaint and the assessor has now left — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I made a complaint and the assessor has now left

Options
Alibo01
Alibo01 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had put a complaint in to Capita regarding my assessor for pip as some statements she made were incorrect and I sent the evidence to prove that. Received a letter today saying that the assessor no longer works for them so they can neither prove or disprove what I have told them  I have been told this is common occurrence has anyone else experienced this. I'm at a loss 

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alibo01 - I don't know if it's common, sorry.

If the assessor has left the they won't be able to speak to them about your complaint. Also, if it were to be proved, they won't be able to take any action as they are no longer an employee. 

Very difficult to see what they can do in the circumstances..

• sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    @Alibo01
    I would like to complain about my assessor, I know someone who already has. I feel that PIP is stressful enough without adding to it. I’d like to complain about the lady from the DWP too lol. Maybe one day. Although if we all did surely something will be done about this unfair system.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi all. What I will say on this matter is, whether it's Atos IAS, Capita or even Maximus. 

If people can and do carry out a complaint against them it's quite easy for them just to tell you that the said person has now left working for us.

That way they hope you will just go away. I trust none of these people as their untruths are right in front of you.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform
    i trust none of them including politicians either. In fact, after this fiasco there’s not many people I do trust.
  • Alibo01
    Alibo01 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    I have not dropped my complaint and its gone to 2nd level. As I don't think assessor leaving changes the facts. She wrote on her report I had not been In hospital I've been hospitalised 22 times amongst other things as I was able to prove it I don't think her leaving should be an issue. It feels they use this as a convenient excuse instead of dealing with the complaint. They kno people are vulnerable and rely on the fact sometimes stress would be too much. It's just wrong. So sheZZa please don't let them away with it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.