Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

jackie27
jackie27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Resaved letter today about severe disability premium don't understand it am I entitled to it

Comments

• jackie27
    jackie27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I went for my assessment February and reseived no points I'm totally deaf in both ears had to get somebody to speak for me  and I got no point whatsever I got back got back them and someday spoke for me to say they think iv been mixed up by someboy else they looked it again and gave me enchanted rate for both and got a letter to say I might be intialed to sever disability I don't know what that is

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Hi,

The claim the severe disability premium you must live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    I just seen your previous thread asking about carers allowance. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/43131/care-allowance#latest

I see that you live with your mum and son. This means that you won't be entitled to claim severe disability premium unless both your mum and son claim a qualifying benefit such as Attendance allowance, daily living PIP or DLA mid/high rate care.

• oddball22
    oddball22 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I do live with my mum and she get pip high rate my son dost stay here 

• poppy123456
    Sorry, i'm confused are you Jackie27? I see another comment from you on this thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/61154/pip#latest

It will be easier to help if you keep to the same thread.

If you are Jackie27 does your son claim carers allowance for looking after you? Does your mum have a daily living award for PIP because there's 2 parts to this.

Also does you claim Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support?

• oddball22
    Yes my mum gets high rate pip I was just asking simple question about sever disabiliy no my son does not get care allowance for me he dose not stay with me 
  • oddball22
    I got rewarded enchanced rate for both and I got letter to say I might be entitled to extra money 

• poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    Hi,

Please try to keep all your questions in one thread because it's confusing having different threads with different questions. Other thread relating to this is here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/61154/pip#latest

If you claim either Income Related ESA, JSA or Income Support then to claim the severe disability premium then you need to ring DWP to ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone. Waiting times for decisions is approximately 2-3 weeks.

However, if you claim Universal Credit then there are no disability premiums available because they don't exist with universal credit.

Sometimes they send that letter out whether you're entitled to it or not.

• oddball22
    No my son does not live with me he in is own house with family of is own my simple question is do I apply for severe disabiliy yes my mum on hight rate pip
  • poppy123456

If you claim either Income Related ESA, JSA or Income Support then to claim the severe disability premium then you need to ring DWP to ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone. Waiting times for decisions is approximately 2-3 weeks.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @oddball22
    It sounds as though you should be entitled to Severe Disability Premium. If you give them a call (was there a number on the letter?) and follow Poppy's advice they'll be able to process your claim so you can find out for definite. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • oddball22
    I can't use a phone that was why I was asking for advise  
  • oddball22
    Severe disabiliy
  • oddball22
  • poppy123456
    They will send you a form IS10 to fill out and return. Does someone usually make calls to DWP on your behalf? Or do you have another way of contacting them?

Brightness