How get a reprensentative???? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How get a reprensentative????

jadeXX
jadeXX Community member Posts: 53 Connected
Hello I would like someone to represent me at my PIP Tribunal in a few weeks but i'm struggling to find anyone that could, can anyone help me please?, I live in South Wales x

Comments

• jadeXX
    hello, I have a PIP tribunal in a few weeks and I would like someone to represent me but i'm struggling to find someone could anyone help me please I live in south Wales x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

This link will help you find what's available in your area. Welfare rights or a law centre is a good place to start. CAB very rarely represent now. https://advicelocal.uk/

Please also be aware that even with representation you will still have to answer all those questions yourself, unless you have an appointee.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jadeXX
    Thank You, I went to the tribunal today and it was adjourned so have to go to another one in about 6 weeks. I've tried the disability advice project but they are too busy so they cant represent me I cant find anywhere else that's local and the solicitors cost a fortune

• poppy123456
    Do you have a family member or friend that can go with you? This will at least help with the anxiety on the day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jadeXX
    yes I went with my dad earlier but I was so upset I went to one last year for LCWRA and won but they were so horrible in there today 
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear that. What was the reason they adjourned it? Have you been given another date for your next one?
  • jadeXX
    they said its because I didn't have medical records and I could of ended up worse off if they done it today , but when I went to my doctors 2 weeks ago they said that they charge for them and offered to write me a letter for £30 and then when I was in the tribunal they said no its free and gave me a letter to give to my doctors, im just fed up because my anxiety is really bad it affects my speech and my legs and its as if they don't believe you I already have 11 points for daily living and 0 for mobility I cant go anywhere alone and my leg pains are terrible
  • poppy123456
    Receiving digital copies of your medical records is free. A letter from your GP isn't the best evidence to send really because they very rarely know how your conditions affect you.

Were you given a warning today that your PIP could be reduced or lost completely if you continued? Or was this just because you didn't have any evidence?
  • jadeXX
    because I had no evidence but she said it could still be if I continue but they said that to me when I had my tribunal for LCWRA and I won so I don't know what to do I feel that I should of scored more 
  • jadeXX
    and they said that they are making sure I don't have them next time ?
  • poppy123456
    If it was a warning, even if you had evidence then you risk losing everything if you continue. For this reason it's very difficult to give any advice on an internet forum because we don't know anything about your case, or how your conditions affect you.

Face to face advice is needed here and i don't mean representation. I just mean face to face advice. Put your post code into that link to see if there's anything at all in your area for you to get this advice.
  • jadeXX
    thats what is annoying me im affected by it a lot I cant do hardly anything im fed up of it all, the only thing close to me is citizens advice and they are never much help x
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @jadeXX
    I am about to complete a mr for my pip review. I am being supported by a benefits officer from my housing association. He also said that they pay the CAB for two people to suppose those who have complex cases. If you are a housing association tennant, maybe they have something similar where you live or maybe your borough council would be able to advise you. X
  • jadeXX
    Thank you i'll give it a go im in supported housing but I don't know how it is as I don't have any support:D  , i'm just really stressed from it all its as if you cant get anything if your suffering from mental health x
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @jadeXX
    As you’re living in supported housing there should definitely be some form of support available. Contact your landlord and don’t be fobbed off. Good luck xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.