If you win — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you win

Options
Singing
Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
Hi, can anybody tell me if you win a tribunal, your PIP back, do they also award you the back payment for the other benefits that were cut, because of the change in circumstances of not having PIP?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,262 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It depends what other benefits you claim and your circumstances now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Options
    Hi poppy my esa has been cut by £200 pcm and my housing benefit by £110 pcm. I don’t have any money and my circumstances have got worse in terms of my condition 
  • Singing
    Options
    Is that if I understand you correctly ? My finances and condition by circumstance?
  • Singing
    Options
    By condition I mean why I need pip and was awarded it in the first place. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,262 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Singing said:
    Hi poppy my esa has been cut by £200 pcm and my housing benefit by £110 pcm. I don’t have any money and my circumstances have got worse in terms of my condition 
    Sounds like you were claiming the severe disability premium in with your ESA because you live alone. If this is still correct in the future and you're awarded daily living PIP then yes the SDP will also be backdated.

Housing benefit, are you under the age of 35? if so then because you don't have a PIP award then you'll only be entitled to the shared rate. If you're awarded daily living for PIP then you'll be entitled to the 1 bed rate and this will also be backdated. Hope this helps.

Do be aware that the Tribunal won't be able to take into consideration any worsening of condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Options
    Right thanks poppy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.