Pip report not being accurate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report not being accurate

Options
lorraine28
lorraine28 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son went for a pip assesment  because his circumstances had changed due to his medication  he got his letter on Friday and didn't  get  any points it said he went alone but a close freind went with him  he can't read or write but they said he could  he can't mange his medication  because when he did himself he was takeing more than he should so I  I'm in charge of it now but they said he could manage every that was wrote on the form they  said he could do it like manage his  Bill's  he suffers from depression  anxiety  panic attacks and for years he thinks his got a worm growing in his head and tries to get it out with a needle he hasn't been right since 10 year ago somebody spiked him with liquid meth he has never been right since

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lorraine28
    I would ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. I know it’s a long shot but do you still have any medical paperwork from the time of the incident saying it would leave him with permanent issues. Back up your request with examples of what happens when he is left to manage by himself and the difficulties he finds himself in. If you have the assessors report go through each question in turn and explain more fully where his issues are. Be prepared to take it all the way to appeal as many of these Reconsiderations are unsuccessful but you have to go through this before applying for appeal.If you have access to CAB it might be worthwhile asking them to help with the paperwork.
      Debsidoo.x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lorraine28, I'm sorry the report wasn't accurate! This must have been very upsetting to read. You will have to apply for a mandatory reconsideration, you have a month to do this.

Here is more information about the process.

If you need any help at all then please do let me know :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.