confusion...cubed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

confusion...cubed

zaza
zaza Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I'm new to forum...but jumping right in cos have got a bit of a problem... I transferred from incap in 2012. esa form 3 landed...I have done what I do best and "blockt"memory from that period. ...they've asked for details sept-dec 2012. … As it happens(and even i'm surprised)I've found the letter detailing incap transfer...to esa.says contribution based with  work group. £71 ..but with work top up in no loss of difference its £118.  does anyone know if that would be a single person(lone parent)or a couple..?... cos the(swearword)partner left in a sept.but I cant remember if 2012 or 2013... I did call them but they want claim details...I don't know the exs details like ni no..he never had a job/savings tho and am surely not want to submit false info.i requested my info from the time asked on dwp freedom info site.got letter saying they had no details...ive freedom info requested my rent account details for this time..in vague hope they can help me work out if he wass here or not...I cant do numbers so attempting to fill in a form as if it was that long ago...is beyond challenging. ...I was also on dla middle n low mobrates) in receipt of child tax credits. would it even be likely they assessed wrong.i don't know what to do

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Hi,

Looks like that will be the single person rate for Support Group back in 2012. Rates are as follows.

Single person over 25 ESA £71.00
    Single person Support Group component £34.05
    Single person Enhanced disability premium £14.80
    Total amount. £119.85

If it was a joint claim then it would have approximately £166 per week. Hope this helps.

Whether or not you'll be owed any backdated money is impossible to answer that question. You could take all your paperwork to a local advice agency and they'll be able to tell you if you are owed any backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @zaza and welcome to the community. I'm glad you've felt able to jump right in! 

I hope Poppy has been able to answer your question. Best of luck and I hope if you are owed any backdated monies from the transfer they sort it quickly for you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zaza
    hi. I have the breakdown as

living exp.£71.00
    extra work related group £28.15
    total £99.15
    top up payment £19.80
    included so there isn't a reduction to level of entitlement as result of change to esa.

do you think that reads as a single person rate?...
    I can get my son to fill form in if so
  • poppy123456
    This amounts tell me you were in the work related group (WRAG) not the Support Group at that time. The top up payment was most likely a transitional support protection when you transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA, this was to make sure you weren't any wose off.

It's a single persons claim. That's more money than would normally be received for the work group (WRAG) because of the transitional support protection.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • zaza
    ..i'm sorry if am forcing specifics..we call it cos i got "processing delay"(i dont,..always...black n whites what ive got) will i get in big trouble if i fill out as me and then find out the one now referred to as gone was still around?
    seems to me-they prob already know...?
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2019
    Based on the figures you gave above they are definitely a claim for a single person and not a couples claim.
  • zaza
    based on youre time and advice,youre a star ** thankyou so much!
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome :)
  • zaza
    just a wee update-they called again the other day requesting details.I gave all info i had ,at one stage the guy said "oh yes,of course,this was after your ex left"so i dont think ive falsely claimed circumstances at all.i still dont know if the entitelement was wrong or right so guess its just a wait now to see.thank you for help
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @zaza, thanks for the little update, I'm glad it's been confirmed that you've got the right circumstances down, it can be difficult to keep track of things from 2012!
    Make sure to let us know when you have any news! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zaza
    Hi...So today I recieved a letter.. "we have paid £82.50 to your account due from period of 8sept-14december 2012.
    If you want to know more about this,call or write.
    So. I called. I relayed above quote-and the man said. yes,we have paid the 82.50 to your account. I said. "why"... he said.."because thats the difference between what we paid you,and what you should have got"
    I said "why should i have got it. He said,because thats what our calculations add up too. 
    I said.so..can you be more specific cos i still am clueless. .... was it a premium? gow did the money break down
    He said..sept-5th october0.then 6yj october 2012-14 december.. . he said said,during the first period of this your partner claimed carers allowwance-.. he stopped claim when he left. i think he said sept-october 5th,then oct 6th to dec 2012 meant owe toy 82.50
    so.. Is this it?do i have to do anything else?
  • poppy123456
    As that's the decision then if you disagree you can request the mandatory reconsideration of that decision and you have 1 month to request this. Other than that, that's all because you've been assessed and they said they owe you that amount, which has been paid.
  • zaza
    i have my housing disclosure details.says a carer allowance claim form(c.o housing officer help fill in)was completed on 4th october  2012. ..on 18th october housing officer arrived at my home to help me complete house ben form as had recieved a letter from solicitor on behalf of my (now ex)partner indicating he had left.it repeatedly says i was confused and knew nothing about a solicitor,letter,or split up..i can vaguely recall this.i was in throws of episode of being ill so is foggy...i dont know how it all works- around dec time house officer says called at home again,apparently despite leaving...after slashing ever solid surface and carving "hate "on floors and furniture,not to mention leaving his toddler child to wake up to the carnage.he also left a five foot actual iguana which was his reptile pet,housed in a luxury enclosure with sunlamps and speccific dietry needs which after 15 weeks i finally found suitable new home for.its blurry..but says i got advised to ensure benefits including carers allowance got paid to me..i dont know you can even do that.it defeats the purpose of having carer if you diy... so..thats as clear as mud i spekt.my disclosure request using online format to dwp for period (i asked for incapacity and esa details to cover both possibilities of changeover..resulted in a we have no record you claimed benefit during this time.i been on incapacityu since before i hit 21.without any interim breaks so...i dont know if im overthinking,missing entire point or what?
  • poppy123456
    It's impossible to answer your question on an internet forum because we can't see any of your paper work. If you think DWPs decision is wrong then you'll need to get face to face advice from an agency near you and they will give you the correct advice based on your circumstances at that time. You'll need to take all your paper work with you when you go.
  • zaza
    ok. thankyou. I'm not sure i understood the asking for info they probably already have...i can see the basic jist of an "overlook" in..the switchover phase(ish)..as coincides with the prelude fireworks that have yet to stop-in here-and came directly after 18mths of running appeal from dla transion amounting to "she looks ok and was chatty,says shes stopped taking medication)which..may well be true//but is alarm bell that im so up im bout to hit down generally//..whilst appealing,delayed considerably as the signed for man con went awol.redone..dragged out....then added a run concurrent "new claim"..fortunately,man con that time resolved and issued pip.yet despite no change in symptoms,illness,diagnosis,evidence,the initial transitional fail ended at being awarded 6 points.at tribunual...kinda not anything like keeping up.or sure what anyones doing least of all me...i will perhaps look up advisor..i dont mean i think they got it wrong.i dont know what "it"is.(usually!)thankyou so much for your super responses.//sorry-bout my aggitatedness this eve.xx
  • poppy123456
    I think i'm beginning to understand you now. When you had a visit at home when you transferred from DLA to PIP this would have been the face to face assessment process that most people have to have when claiming PIP. This is a totally different thing to what DWP have just assessed you for and i think that's what you're getting confused about.
  • zaza
    i had to go to assesment centre for that.
    what i was trying to say was. confusing tho...i asked the council rent for disclosure re my account in sept-dec 2012.//as that was the dates form referred to. i found my letter about incap switching to esa. ..as i suspected-that was ALSO the time frame for my ex leaving. /moving out.I was ill at that time..the rent payment info includes a visit from a housing officer.he had got his solicitor to inform council he was leaving,but hadnt bothered telling me. the lady came to fill out a housing benefit claim as..solictor letter said he had left. she repeatedly says she couldnt fill it out as i was shocked,confused and having panic attacks...)it also includes in the forms that ex had applied for carers allowance for supposedly looking after me..i dont know much about that,i seem to think because he informed them ..he didnt care..i somehow think my benefit increased..but im no sure
  • poppy123456
    You really should get some face to face advice if you're still in doubt whether that decision is wrong. I'm sorry i can't advise you any further because i can't see any paper work with dates on etc. Face to face advice is always better for things like this. Good luck.
  • zaza
    thankyou. Today i recieved a repeat notice of the payment.this one included  breakdown details. To be honest numbers and colums are my idea of hell. I dont know if its right or wrong. The info i have from housing\rent house benefit is pretty detailed. I could be wrong-but it looks like (thankfully)ex partner began a carers claim-then moved out..so i will find a local advisor.if anything like any of the rest of confusion and carnage from his actions at time-it will require picked apart!thank you so much for all your input x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zaza, I really hope you manage to sort this soon. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.