Pip award at mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award at mandatory reconsideration

Dan_C
Dan_C Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone I just received a call from the DWP telling me I have been awarded standard mobility only no daily living component at all. If I take this to tribunal do I still receive payments and what are the odds I'll even get a full award? Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will still receive the award you have while waiting for the Tribunal decision. Unfortunately, no one can tell you if you'll successfully be awarded daily living part. That will depend on how your conditions affect you and no one knows that on a forum.

They will look at the whole award again and will warn you if there's any chance of losing what you already have, so you have nothing to lose by continuing with the Tribunal.

Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. You have 1 month from the date of the MR decision to request the Tribunal. Do be aware that waiting times are huge in most areas and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dan_C
    Thank you for your response I'll probably take up the option of tribunal I was just worried that the award may be stopped while it's processing I was so happy to get the award I did I just thought it was odd not to be awarded anything else on top of it I didn't think that was possible. 

I've heard it can take upwards of a year for a tribunal but the fact they have awarded something at this stage indicates to me that they should award it to me hopefully.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Some people are awarded mobility without the daily living part. Some are awarded daily living part without the mobility part. Being awarded 1 part doesn't automatically qualify you to be awarded the other part. It depends how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors, not about a diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Dan_C

A warm welcome.

To assist you, have you got a copy of the assessment report and copy of your claim form?

If not contact PIP helpline and request these.

You should then seek face to face welfare rights advice, this will enhance your chances at the tribunal.

A good pointer for you to consider over 74% of Tribunal hearings, go with the claimant.

Keep us informed.
  • Dan_C
    Hi @atlas46

I do not have these as yet I just had a phone call basically saying my MR had been successful and that I have been awarded the standard mobility element I will request these as soon as the award notice has come through. I have gone from being awarded 0 points to being awarded 2 for standard mobility and somewhere between 8 & 11 on the mobility according to the person on the phone which I really didn't expect.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Dan_C

You don’t have to wait, you can seek these documents now.

Obviously there is something amiss with your assessment, in that you have been awarded more points at MR stage.

A welfare rights officer is best placed to guide you.

Keep us informed.
  • donnax
    donnax Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    How long did you wait from asking for m r to getting call
  • Dan_C
    donnax said:
    How long did you wait from asking for m r to getting call
    I waited about 3 months it was quite a long wait but it depends on circumstance some people can get a fast response others can take longer.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    How many points do you believe you should get? (from descriptors you should match).

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.