SDP rate - is the Support Group's Enhanced rate deducted from any back payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP rate - is the Support Group's Enhanced rate deducted from any back payments

melissahicking2019
melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
Hi again everybody, My friend got all his money backdated ect, apart from now he is awaiting the SDP , we contacted the DWP straight away and they said they will arrange everything.

I have tried to do the math for my friend and give him an idea of what to expect but im not sure if the Support groups Enhanced Premium will be deducted from his backpayment, as the year he was going through appeal he was receiving this.. So i can only offer him 2 possible outcomes,

One with a years Support Group Enhanced Premium deducted from the total owed
and one with the Whole backpayment being for the SDP backdated from the beginning of his claim , back in march 2018.

Any advice is welcomed, Thank you all very much.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The SDP is different to the Enhanced disability premium. EDP is automatically paid to him because he's in the Support Group. SDP is £65.85 per week from April 8th 2019, slightly less in previous years. It's this that will be backdated, if he was entitled to it and nothing is deducted from it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • melissahicking2019
    melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Ok, thanks for letting me know, il pass on the good news to my friend, bless him he does not know what to do with all this money. But hes very happy and he wants me to take him on a holiday...

Thanks again for your help Poppy.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. The SDP rate from 8th April 2018 to 7th April 2019 was £64.30 per week. All of his backdated money is disregarded for 12 months for all means tested benefits. Glad his PIP was finally paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.