Pip Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessment

Options
reice51
reice51 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, 
I sent off for a pip application form in April.  I filled the form, sent it back, I had an f2f assessment beginning of June. I received a letter saying they have received my report. I called then to obtain my report, I received it within a few days. It's been about three weeks since the assessment,  however they have paid me back dated pip in my bank account,  but I have not received the letter yet, has anyone ever had that.

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @reice51

A warm welcome.

Yes money often arrives in bank, before award letter arrives.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, your letter is on its way comes from Ireland so if it does not arrive by next week contact DWP for an up date your letter will give you all the information reference to your pip award length, money owing and when your normal payment day is and how much. Once you have your confirmation letter you may should be entitled to other benefits depending on your financial and other circumstances. Ie, housing and council tax benefits, blue badge entitlement if getting mobility part of pip plus 50% or 100% reduction in car tax if the car is registered in your name and for your use and benefit. 
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Options
    DWP bulk mail is sent from a central office (Belfast I believe )after being checked or processed, and this bulk mail takes approx two weeks to arrive. Which is vastly different to requesting a copy of the assessors report for example which arrives usually within a day or so. So its not unusual to get payment before receiving the decision. 
    Well done on your award x

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I never got a decision letter.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @reice51 and welcome to the community.
    Sometimes the money can arrive before a decision letter is received. If you're concerned at all, please give them a call.
    Hope to see you around the community and if you have any further concerns, don't hesitate to let us know! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.