Cauda equina syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cauda equina syndrome

Wayne1976
Wayne1976 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi Iv cauda equina syndrome I tried pip last year gig told no iv replied for in April this year last week I had home face to face 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Was there any reason why you didn't request the Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal when you first applied? Tp constantly re-apply using the same evidence you previously used could see another refusal. The best option is to always request the MR then Tribunal if that fails.

Fingers crossed this time that a decision goes in your favour. If it doesn't then head across to the PIP/DLA part of the forum and i'm sure someone will answer any questions you have.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness