stop my esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

stop my esa

kimdyer18
kimdyer18 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
hi guys need some advise had a phone from work assessment ability got told I'm fit for work no way  going bk  I have hsp and stand for very long and have depression and anxiety  and they stop my esa from today thanks 

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Most failed you do mandatory now no money and takes ages go for it I have been waiting since February 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating which group you think you should be in and your reasons why. Sending any relevant evidence you have to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

Were you previously in a group?

Do you claim any other benefits like PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Ring Fightback4justice@live.co.uk. Number online they help u 
  • kimdyer18
    thanks guys I will go MR i was get contrition esa should i got universal credit ? 

• poppy123456
    If all of your ESA was Contributions based then claiming Universal credit will depend on your circumstances because it's means tested.

Do be aware that claiming UC will mean that you'll never be able to go back onto ESA.

You can of course wait for the MR decision and if that stays the same and most do once the Tribunal accept your appeal then going back onto assessment rate for ESA maybe possible with a sick note from your GP but this will depend on which group you were in for ESA or whether you were claiming assessment rate. This is because Contributions based is only paid for 1 year unless you're placed into the support group.

Do be aware also that Fightback4justice charge fees for helping people with their claims. There's advice agencies out there that will help you for free. Put your postcode into this link and it will tell you what's available in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kimdyer18
    mu esa was me t to go on till 9.9 19 
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
  • kimdyer18
    can they i was being told whilst having physio
  • poppy123456
    They can indeed unfortunately. Please can you answer this question..were in on assessment rate or in the WRAG or Support Group?
  • poppy123456
    Looking back at your previous posts it's possible you were on assessment rate for ESA and this was your first work capability assessment, is that correct?

Does you live with a partner that works? or was it a joint ESA claim?
  • kimdyer18
    yes it was first meeting I live with my husband 
  • kimdyer18
    assessment rate 
  • poppy123456
    As it was assessment rate for Contributions based ESA then it's only paid for 1 year unless you're placed into the support group. I really do think you need to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you find what's available to you.

• kimdyer18
    thank poppy I have emailed fightback4justice for advise 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2019
    Please do be aware that these people will charge you for their services. There are advice agencies that will give you help, advise and support for free. Welfare rights, CAB or a law centre all give their services for free. Please use the link i posted.
  • jamestw83
    jamestw83 Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    I wish you all the luck in the world. I know how stressful it is and I'm sure the dwp enjoy making people suffer.
  • kimdyer18
    thanks guys means alot 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.