Work Capabilitues Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capabilitues Assessment

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA element is backdated from the 4th month after you sent in your first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That’s great news @phoeiblaze!
    As Poppy said, as long as there have been no breaks in your fit notes, it should be backdated to the 4th month after your first fit note was submitted. 

Hope that helps.  :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • phoeiblaze
    phoeiblaze Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Will they actually do that...that's over £5000.....
  • phoeiblaze
    Options
    Just spoke to DWP.....I had a capabilities assessment in 2017 (which i don't remember at all). I was deemed fit to work...later part of 2017 I contemplated throw myself off my balcony of 17th floor flat. I received sick notes from there onwards. According to DWP (nice lady I spoke to) the decision is based off Feb to present. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @phoeiblaze, thank you for updating us about this. I'm sorry it's not backdated as far as you had though and that your mental health was affected. I hope you receive your backdated payments from February soon :)

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do!
    Scope

• phoeiblaze
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope I wasn't really expecting it to go that far. Was just curious. 

And....

Will do!  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.