Pip tribunal success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal success

Frank8888
Frank8888 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After waiting 17 months for my tribunal i entered the room to be told it was all confusing to the judge and would i sit outside while they made there decision , 2 minutes later was asked back in to be told by the judge they were very sorry that i had to attend and please apologise to my 12yr old on ther behalf and they were giving me enhanced on both for 5yr,they would have given indefinite time but dwp would not like that,no questions were asked i was shocked my illness is heart failure and depression 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Frank8888 welcome to the community! Congratulations on the successful outcome of your tribunal - how are you feeling? I imagine relieved now it's over! 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,935 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news! well done.  It can take DWP 8 weeks to pay backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    edited July 2019
    Welcome to the community @Frank8888. 17 months is a long time to wait, I'm sorry you had to go through that. 
    Great news about the successful outcome, thank you for sharing it with us! :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jamestw83
    jamestw83 Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Good luck to you it's funny how judges come to decisions. My wife has osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and long list of problems and we had the same thing we were in 2 mins and got asked to wait outside and told us standard rate for care and enhanced rate for mobility. We are 5 weeks in after the tribunal win and are still waiting so hopefully doesn't take too long.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Frank8888, I'm sorry you had to wait so long but that's amazing news, thank you for taking the time to share this with us :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.