Pip over 65 questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip over 65 questions

juneandlucy
juneandlucy Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I I've applied for pip and it appears the accessor has recommended 10points my question is as I'm 66 when would my next assessment be assuming of course the DM awards me something. I was told as I'm over 65 it would be 10years?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi juneandlucy

Was this a change from DLA to PIP ?
    The points that you may be awarded, is this in the daily living catagory ?

The DM will decide on the length of award, it is likely that only claimants with enhanced in both sections will be considered for the 10 year light touch but as yet their is no further information

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • juneandlucy
    juneandlucy Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    It was from DLA to pip. I got 10points on accessors report for care. 0 for mobility my DLA is low rate for mobility
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will need to wait for the decision letter and it will tell you on there how long the award is for, although at the back of the assessment report it will say a recommended review time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    If your circumstanses change in the future you will not be eligible to claim the mobility component if you accept no award now
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I thought pensionable age stopped PIP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    pcoventry said:
    Not if transferring from DLA and you were under 65 on 8th April 2013. Juneandlucy transferred from DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    pcoventry said:
    You cannot make a new claim for PIP after SRA, but you can be asked to apply if you have an existing DLA award. PIP is then payable as long as you meet the criteria. The mobility component cannot be increased after SRA, so the mobility award that you have at SRA will remain the same even if your circumstances change
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    I I've applied for pip and it appears the accessor has recommended 10points my question is as I'm 66 when would my next assessment be assuming of course the DM awards me something. I was told as I'm over 65 it would be 10years?

@juneandlucy here is some latest guidance regarding people in your situation.
    You May get an ongoing.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    Thanks for that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.