Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

eeyore19
eeyore19 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi after 13 months of waiting for my appeal date.... I have now had my day at the tribunal and my case was allowed I get the impression that if you attend the hearing you stand more chance of getting the result you need..

I'm not to sure what happens regarding the dwp now... Do they contact me ? if so how long do they have to do so ?   I was awarded pip for five years by the tribunal 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. It can take DWP 8 weeks to pay backdated money owed. There's nothing more you can do until you hear from them. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • eeyore19
    eeyore19 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Poppy

thank you... I'm sure a little bit more waiting can be endured.... Really happy with my appeal decision  :):)

• Retro89
    Retro89 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Had my tribunal 3 weeks ago, waited 5 minutes and the clerk came out and said they already made a decision. Went in and met the judge etc probably in there for 2 minutes and was awarded enhanced rate for both components with the judge saying "The DWP made a terrible mistake with your assessment".

Still waiting on the DWP to contact me with my new rates.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP normally take 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    What is really shocking is people having to wait 13 months for a tribunal. There should be fines imposed on the government for these kinds of delays.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    @drewdundee - it is a long wait but that's due i think to the number of people taking their case to tribunal.

You can't fine the government because they don't have any money ..(not that belongs to them anyway!)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news about your result @eeyore19 and @Retro89! I hope you are both not waiting much longer!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.