Success with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Success with PIP

Warrior19
Warrior19 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone just wanted to bring some positivity, strengh and will power to those who are unfortunately battling for there benefits.
I had my PIP taken away from me in February. My MR failed too but i carried on writing and writing to them pointing out lots of errors in my report. I even said that i am 100% positive that the tribunal will see the report has many errors and untruths and i will get all my money back that i am entitled to.
I had applied to the tribunal and havent even had the time to hear back from them yet when i received a phone call from the dwp saying they are reinstating my PIP and its being back dated.
Please dont ever give up and dont let them win. 
Dont be afraid to speak your mind and point out facts i literally told them taking me to tribunal will be there loss not mine i actually wished them luck.
It was hard and stressful and i was going to leave it but why should I 
The amount of untruths in my report were unbelievable i ripped that report apart with a 20 page letter.
The DWP just rely on the assessors who in my eyes are a fraud and are going to cost the government more money.
Hopefully one day these private firms will be scrapped but in the mean time 
KEEP FIGHTING 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Warrior19, that’s great news, it’s not often or ever heard of that a claimant as had the benefits award reapplied after failing a MR and given the amount of evidence you gave supporting your claim and exposing the lies, inaccuracies in your assessment report and the DWP have accepted your evidence.  This misreporting and inaccuracies in assessment reports will only stop when criminal action is taken against an individual for doing and a prosecution is successfully proven and a hefty fine imposed will deter others from being involved in these deplorable activities.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Warrior19 and thank you for such positivity! Congratulations and welcome to the community! Please do have a look around, get chatting and let me know if there is anything we can do to help :)
    Scope

• Warrior19
    Thankyou Wilko 
    I have been told by C.A.B it is really rare for the dwp to listen to the claiment over an assessors report. I think my attempt at the M.R was poor and to polite on my part tbh because everyone on benefits fear these people and we have to tip toe but that is actually the wrong thing to do ( in my eyes ) so i was raw. I just tried to over look the fact they are who they are and tried to just treat them like any other company and if your unhappy with a company and how they deal with you then you make sure they know. Plus i had completely lost my entitlement so i had nothing to lose 
    Its quite alarming though to know there are assessors writing untruths but it is happening. To be fair i have had many assessments in the past and had no issues until now. This was my 4th assessment for PIP and honestly the report was a shambles.
    One was i have 2 dogs and i walk them upto 4 times a day ..... Im actually allergic to cat and dog hairs its on my med records too has been for years and never had pets plus i wasnt even asked if i had any haha 
    Thats just one of many i said i will prove at tribunal.
    Although i am confused anyway as to what that has to do with assessments. Are people not allowed pets anyway??

Hi Chloe and thankyou 
     ive been having a look around and read some emotional stories on here that really touch the heart 
    And i also see now how im not alone when it comes to inaccurate reports.
    All i can say is keep strong and determined 
    Dont be afraid of them get them told and keep telling them but make sure its all in writing letter
    I WISH YOU ALL GOOD KARMA 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @Warrior19
    Im actually writing my MR now. In the descriptors I’m actually writing what my disabilities are,  how they affect me and how they fit the descriptors. I know they’re not interested in a diagnosis but when you have a rare illness(es) and your assessor admits she’s never heard of them, I think they need to know the name and the symptoms of your disability so they can make more of an informed decision.
    I’m really pleased for you though.  It’s great news and so good to hear some positivity for a change x
  • Warrior19
    There not interested in the illness what so ever they are trained to " catch you out " example .... you say you cant walk far but then say you own a dog, live on your own have no carers come and are of a good weight then you must be managing ok to cook bath etc etc just an example 
    Or suffer mental health issue but no mental health imput and anxiety tablets are the same mg from 2 years ago means your managing and again will then ask if you have pets friends and will look at if you are a good weight so you are then classed as able to cook bath etc without prompting.
    Its unfair on alot of people because the assessors are paid to scrutinise you basically judge you a liar 
    I know someone is an alcoholic fully dependant so got high rate pip both components went into rehab came out as in recovery and there pip removed for no longer being drunk 
    But didnt take on bored tge aftermath of trying to find there own self after 20 years now anxious and struggling to face the outside world sober.
    By the time he went to tribunal and won the stress sent him back on the beer 
    Its a cruel system bullying disabilities and making matters worse from alot of people 
    It cant go on like this forever assessors are actually allowed to write what the want " use there own words " which basically means if you say right they can change it to left 
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    @Warrior19 there is a news report currently going around showing how many bad reports came out of Capita over a set period of time - it's pretty damming.

Actually I found it. 

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2019/july/one-three-capita-pip-assessments-found-have-significant-flaws
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @ilovecats That's interesting, and this does make a lot of sense as through my contacts I have heard of the amount of turnover of staff is high whether it be Atos, Capita, or Maximus.

The HCP that done my report was with Capita for about 3 years and I can't fault her report at all.

I think if you get someone that's been in the job for a while will certainly have the experience as mine did, she well justified all my evidence and all other paperwork amd did not miss anything out.

ilovecats I suspect when you've worked hard and it goes not quite right it is a little demoralising. 

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.