Capability for work questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capability for work questionnaire

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
Does the DWP keep a copy on record of completed questionnaires?

"You may find it helpful to make a photocopy of your reply for future reference"

24 pages - that's £2.40 at my local library, plus £4.50 bus fare.

£6.90 is a large chunk when paying back a UC loan on the basic allowance.
Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @GettinOlde, it's suggested you have photocopies so you can use it for future claims and for if it gets lost in the post. I guess you could always take a picture of all the pages instead! 
    Scope

• GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Assuming I have a smartphone or digital camera and that I am not at the library making this post.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Morning @GettinOlde, did you manage to resolve this?
    Scope

• GettinOlde
    @Chloe_Scope Yes, I eventually managed to get hold of an old printer with a dried up printhead but with a working scanner.

Scanned all 24 pages and saved them as a multi-page pdf, which has the bonus of being able to make addendums without having to rescan everything again to include extra comments on the original that I had forgotten to make.

Installing the printer drivers presented problems in itself though, causing my documents folder to get moved to a different path - long story but I managed to fix it.

Meanwhile, I had managed to misplace the prepaid envelope and ended up having to deliver it on the due day by hand. :#
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @GettinOlde, I'm really glad you managed to sort it out! I imagine it was quite annoying to loose the envelope! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
    Scope

• GettinOlde
    @Chloe_Scope I wouldn't hold your breath, being extremely frustrated over the whole situation I made several comments that could be seen as overly confrontational. :/
  • Chloe_Scope
    I understand that it can be an incredibly stressful and frustrating time. I hope the community is able to support you and I'm sure people will unfortunately relate to your frustrations.
    Scope

• Tatty1977
    Tatty1977 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi @GettinOlde, great idea scanning it's a good way to be able to refer back to your forms and for future reference without the added expense of printing out, well done! It is very frustrating, that's understandable, stress can be perceived as confrontational when just exhausted with the whole process. 
  • Tatty1977
    Hi @GettinOlde

Just a thought without wishing to add to your load but anything scanned or saved on computer its definitely worth backing up onto a USB drive stick. From experience my old computer "crashed" and l lost everything. Since then l back up everything and also each page of forms or letters cut and paste send to myself at email and keep in folder marked DWP. For peace of mind. Hope homeward journey is good one. 
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    @Tatty1977 Hey thanks, but I do back up my important stuff to google drive (hmm, recent access problems same as for ISP) and a portable 2.5" HD, but yeah, thanks again. ;)
  • Tatty1977
    Hi @GettinOlde phew that's good news. It's awful when someone else's plate is loaded (totally understand) and you don't want the "shoot the messenger" response but l was anxious for you. Great you save everything! 
  • GettinOlde
    Makes me wonder why WCA questionnaires can't be completed online as you basically must have internet access one way or another to claim UC, and why can't surgeries send certificates to the intended recipient electronically?  My surgery is a bit behind the times though. :/
  • GettinOlde
    edited July 2019
    A summary of  my current position:
    • After returning an ESA50 05/01/2019, I received a letter informing my ESA would be stopped as from 29/03/2019.
    • I initiated a claim for UC and CAB filed a Mandatory Reconsideration leading to a request for a tribunal hearing.
    • A tribunal hearing was granted and the HMCTS notified the DWP who immediately reversed their decision.
    • I started submitting Fit Notes when I made the claim for UC which initiated fresh WCA for which I returned the ESA50 on 17/06/2019.
    This is an extract from the letter sent me by the Disputes Resolution Team regarding the 29/03/2019 assessment:
    • You have now scored 15 points from the Work Capability Assessment and consequently my decision is that you remain entitled to Employment and Support Allowance with the work related activity component for 24 months.
    Should I let the second ESA run its course, or should I make some effort to have it cancelled?
    If the latter, there are several different numbers to contact the Health Assessment Advisory Service:
    • Generic freephone 0800 288 8777 found here
    • Work Capability Assessment contact number 0844 822 9275 (where I returned the last questionnaire) found here.
    So, should I call to try and have it cancelled or should I let it proceed, considering I have already lost 3 months of the 24?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to continue with the new WCA for UC. The length of time they give you is just a guide and you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. You can of course send your recent decision letter for the ESA but do be aware that the error in the points scoring i see on another thread could be an issue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GettinOlde
    edited July 2019
    You will need to continue with the new WCA for UC. The length of time they give you is just a guide and you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. You can of course send your recent decision letter for the ESA but do be aware that the error in the points scoring i see on another thread could be an issue.
    The 24 months, I mentioned, is the period of time that the letter from the DRT states that I should not be reassessed, hence, is the second WCA valid?

The original letter from the DRT is so full of grammatical and punctuation errors that they just may not have included what the other 6 points have been awarded for.
    Edit: I have attached a redacted copy of the letter from the DRT as a PDF document.
  • poppy123456
    The 24 months is just a guide and nothing more, this means that the 2nd WCA is still valid. This is because of the 3 month re-assessment rule.  Sending the letter may help but as it doesn't state where you scored those other 6 points it may not help.

That decision does mean that you will be given limited capability for work for UC, at least until the decision on the new WCA has been made. Any backdated money owed will be paid back to you from the date you were found fit for work for ESA. As your ESA claim started before April 2017 then you'll continue to receive the extra LCW element of £126 per month in your UC amount.

If DWP don't honour that decision for now and place you in the relevant group for UC then you'll need to speak to your case manager to ask them to send the MPG1 form to ESA for those details to be passed across to UC. Hopefully it won't take to long for this to happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • GettinOlde
    edited July 2019
    If DWP don't honour that decision for now and place you in the relevant group for UC then you'll need to speak to your case manager to ask them to send the MPG1 form to ESA for those details to be passed across to UC. Hopefully it won't take to long for this to happen.
    Could you elaborate on "case manager", is that my UC work coach or my CAB representative?
    For this first time, after paying my last quarter's gas and electric I find my outgoings are greater than my income and when the next quarter is due I shall be in dire straights.

• poppy123456
    It's not a CAB representative or a work coach. A case manager is from DWP and every UC claimant has one. This is the person that also refers claimants for the WCA.
  • GettinOlde
    Hmmm, One of the very first journal entries I made was under 'Payment', it didn't provoke a single response.
    Also, quoting from this thread,
    "Just called the 0800 328 5644 UC helpline (about the letter from DRT), they didn't have a clue how to advise me and just referred me back to my work coach."
    Shouldn't they have referred me to my Case Manager?
  • poppy123456
    It should have been a case manager you spoke to.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.