Work capability assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment

dazz69
dazz69 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi iv just had my assessment yesterday after sending forms back on work capability assess. I took medical evidence of treatments iv had upto date an also copy of my pip award..has anyone got any advice on time to get decision an also do they accept copies of pip award that i have had an in place for 5years...grateful for any advice ty

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no time scales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Some wait a couple of weeks, while others wait a couple of months.

PIP and the work capability assessment are different benefits with different criteria and receiving PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work.

Wait a week then ring UC to as for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes well for you @dazz69 and that you are not waiting too long. Please do keep us updated :)
    Scope

• Exhausted53
    Exhausted53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi,I am sorry to say but I got turned down after assessment got no points at all. I have blue badge,need crutches to walk live off morphine and pain patches. Can’t walk or do many things. Now on university credit stay away from that as long as you can. I am having to look for work,and am not getting any help from anyone. Just stay positive it took 3 months for my result,I live in the South UK. Good luck
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,I am sorry to say but I got turned down after assessment got no points at all. I have blue badge,need crutches to walk live off morphine and pain patches. Can’t walk or do many things. Now on university credit stay away from that as long as you can. I am having to look for work,and am not getting any help from anyone. Just stay positive it took 3 months for my result,I live in the South UK. Good luck
    Hi,

Did you request the Mandatory Reconsideration for that decision that found you fit for work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.