PIP Assessment Redhill — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Redhill

Options
Norbs66
Norbs66 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
Hi Everyone
I have just received my appt via text for July 24th at Redhill which is over 9 miles from my home. I have no idea where it is and do not know the area. A friend of mine who lives one street from me had her assessment at Wandsworth which is nearer. I am also concerned it is not on ground level as I was previously turned away from a ESA assessment because if there was a fire alarm and the lifts were shut down I could not use the stairs as I walk with crutches and can't do them. Can I change assessmenr centre and has anyone ever been to Redhill or Wandsworth if so what was your experience 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can't advise on either centre but you can phone up to change the appointment.  Both the time and the assessment centre.  But you can only do so once so make sure you're able to make that appointment.  If you do phone up to change it, you could also ask about the accessibility.

They have probably just chosen this centre for you as there is a shorter waiting time than the closer one.
  • Norbs66
    Norbs66 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.