Waiting for report/decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for report/decision

Options
Joolz21
Joolz21 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I’m Joolz & new to the group so a bit nervous! Got a lot of health problems & on between 20/30 tablets a day for all my ailments! Just applied for PIP, had my f2f last Tuesday, called DWP on Thursday to ask for a copy of the report which they said they hadn’t received yet but roughly 3 hours later I got a txt saying they had received the written copy so just waiting on tender hooks for the report/decision! I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews regarding the assessments/reports, points scored & long waiting times so already being a very anxious person this is making me worse-is anyone in my position at the moment? Thank you.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Joolz21 and a warm welcome to the community. We're a supportive group so please don't hesitate to get involved or to ask if you have any specific questions. :)

There's a real mix in the PIP section at the moment, some members like you are awaiting their first PIP decision, others reviews and some waiting on appeals. 

How do you feel your F2F went? Hopefully you'll receive a copy of the assessment report soon which will give you a good indication as to what the decision will be. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Joolz21
    Joolz21 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I don’t want to jinx it by thinking it went ok?! But I had a woman from the council on disability sitting with me & she thinks it went ok so I guess I’ll just need to wait (nervously) & hope for the best! Just found out yesterday aswell that my concentration & short term memory is severely affected with the medication I am on which has got me a bit down-I will give you an update when I receive my report-thank you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.