Help needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed

Options
ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
I have a 42ft long garden thats covered in plastic because the weeds were 7ft high when we moved in so we sprayed weedkiller on it and covered it in plastic to kill the weeds.
I cant afford to do up my garden because im only on esa so i was wondering if there is a grant i could apply for to help me get it right. 
The council have given me 4 months to sort it else i will get a civil notice but i dont have the money. Ive got family who can do it for me but no cash to do it

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Thanks poppy x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. If those links aren't any help, if you're claiming Income related ESA then there's a budgeting loan you can apply for. This does need to be repaid back from future ESA payments and the amount you can apply for will depend on your circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Ive tried moving into a bungalow but the council wont let me cus ive got my 22yr old daughter living with me so im stuck in a 2 bed house that i cant climb stairs with and the council want me to fix up the garden xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes having a younger person living with you can go against you for bungalow purposes i think it's because there's a big shortage of those. It also depends on the criteria of your housing association/council.

I think that's a little harsh with the garden, especially being on low income. I don't know how useful those links will be because i've never had a grant for anything before. Hopefully someone else that has had a grant for their garden will see this and give you some further advice. Good luck.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Thanks so much

Brightness