Carer allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer allowance

MJG
MJG Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi my son had his DLA stopped and they have looked at it and said they should never have done that at the time we was getting carers allowance which stopped upon his stopping which is expected. My question is as they have re instated his DLA will they carer's allowance be back paid from when THEY stopped it as it should never have been stopped in the first place 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's back dated providing you're still eligible to claim it.

May i ask what benefits you're claiming?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MJG
    Tax credit and working tax as my husband was getting the carers allowance for him. He's been awarded enhanced care and standard mobility 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    To be able to claim carers allowance you mustn't earn more than £123 per week after deductions. If he doesn't earn this then yes he'll be able to claim it. If he earns more than this then he won't qualify.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MJG

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.