Backdated PIP issue - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated PIP issue

2»

Comments

• BennyTallis
    BennyTallis Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I just called PIP and person said there is a note on the system to issue the award letter and shows a backpayment of 2500. Now I was on standard mob for 64 weeks before appeal and at appeal was awarded enhanced for both and he said it shows on the system that o am on higher rate from 18/4/18 - 2023 yet only paying me 2500 and not the 7600 I was expecting. Any ideas why this might be? Perhaps because the rate change in April they have done a payment at new rate and another will follow for older period. If anyone had a decent backpay... Did they get multiple payments or just one large one.. Confused.com lol
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    HRM £61.60 LRM £23.20

64 weeks x £ 38 (the difference between H and L) = £2432 
    is the back pay based on the week figures quoted.

Not sure how you arrive at £7600

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I just called PIP and person said there is a note on the system to issue the award letter and shows a backpayment of 2500. Now I was on standard mob for 64 weeks before appeal and at appeal was awarded enhanced for both and he said it shows on the system that o am on higher rate from 18/4/18 - 2023 yet only paying me 2500 and not the 7600 I was expecting. Any ideas why this might be? Perhaps because the rate change in April they have done a payment at new rate and another will follow for older period. If anyone had a decent backpay... Did they get multiple payments or just one large one.. Confused.com lol
    Can you please confirm that before the Tribunal decision you had an award of standard mobility only? What award were you given by the Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BennyTallis
    buzzer said:
    HRM £61.60 LRM £23.20

Full daily too backpay 
  • poppy123456
    buzzer said:
    HRM £61.60 LRM £23.20

Full daily too backpay 
    Enhanced daily living and the difference between standard and Enhanced mobility for 64 weeks is a lot more than £2500.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • BennyTallis
    64 x full daily  was not awarded by pip. So its 64 weeks of full daily due. That might explain the difference. They seperating the mobility and care elements before payment as the figure for extra mobility is what they quoted pretty much. 
  • poppy123456
    I would ring them tomorrow, as the award letter has been issued if it states £2500 then that's what you'll receive in your bank. As you're owed more than that if they were paying you in 2 separate payments then the award letter would state this.
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    buzzer said:
    HRM £61.60 LRM £23.20

Full daily too backpay 
    Ah missed that in original post sorry. 
    Btw well done on successful appeal result and hope they can sort backpay correctly for you asap. 

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.