ESA Capability for work questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Capability for work questionnaire

Options
Norbs66
Norbs66 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
Hi All
I completed one of these in april 2018. I had a medical 29th of August 2018. I got moved into the Support group. I got a copy of my medical report and it says at the bottom Overall assessment, current input and available evidence suggests a severe disabilty with repeatedly and reliably mobilising is likely. It is unlikely that a manual wheelchair or other aids could reliably be used to increase mobilising tolerance due to bilateral hand problems. Current input and available evidence suggests review in the medium term. Can someone explain please what that means. I today have received another capability for work questionnaire and it has only been 11 months since the medical. Stressing beyond belief especially as my DLA is coming to a end and i have a PIP assessment in 2 weeks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The length of time given doesn't mean anything for ESA unfortunately, they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

I'm afraid you will have to fill in that form and return it with all your evidence, no later than the date stated in the letter. They don't give extensions when returning work capability assessment forms.

Expect another face to face for the ESA because most people have them.

Good luck for both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Options
    You have to go for ESA Assessments every so often up to 3 years. Mines are usually 1, 2 or 3 years exactly (depends on how I am on the day / the assessor) but they can be shorter. It sounds like you were kept on for 1 year last time and now you're being called up for review again. If you are kept on you will have to go for another assessment in the future aswell, probably in a years time again assuming nothing has really changed.

All you can do is go to the assessment but by the sounds of it you'll have no troubles staying on ESA. I wouldn't worry too much about it but these assessments have to be done unfortunately.

• Norbs66
    Options
    Thank you Poppy123456 
  • Norbs66
    Options
    Thank you PIPquestions2 
    Now I understand obviously being in the support group is a bit different to the other group as the assessments were not has frequent. But now I know what to expect. Thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't matter which group you're in you can still be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.