If the DWP ask the tribunal for a SOR do they send you a letter saying that they have asked — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If the DWP ask the tribunal for a SOR do they send you a letter saying that they have asked

Options
JumpingJames
JumpingJames Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
As per title really.

Do the DWP write to you and say that they have asked the tribunal for a statement of reasons or do they not write to you and you wait. Only asking as it's been one month since my tribunal and I've not had any letters of any sort apart from the tribunal service saying that is won. I will not phone he DWP. If they send a letter saying that they are asking I obviously know by now they have not asked for one.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They would contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JumpingJames
    Options
    Well I just checked the original pip form I sent them which has my old phone number on so may be that's why they haven't phoned, because they don't have my new number. I presume if they can't contact me by phone hey will send a letter but I don't know. I can't phone them up as current claims is not a freephone number and I cannot afford to phone because I have a topup mobile phone.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They will write to you if they request the SOR. All phone numbers to DWP are now free phone numbers. For existing PIP claims the number to ring is. Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JumpingJames
    Options
    Thanks I'm phone them if I pluck up courage 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JumpingJames, I hope this goes well. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help :)
    Scope

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    Asking for SOR is standard policy so is very likely they will request, but usually they dont follow up with an appeal after that.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    worried33 said:
    Asking for SOR is standard policy so is very likely they will request, but usually they dont follow up with an appeal after that.
    I'm sorry but i disagree. It's not standard policy at all and they don't always request the SOR.
  • JumpingJames
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So I did phone them on the freephone number. I asked how my pip claim was going on and that I had a different phone number than what they had on their form as that was sent in October and I was unsure of whether I needed to tell them of the change.

She said yes I should tell them and asked for my new phone number. I asked were my bank details were correct, they wern't as I switched bank accounts, but thought benefits would know my bank details as I claim as esa and it's still being paid through my new bank account, so she changed those I think.

I then asked 'have the dwp asked for a statement of reasons as I know hey can won in one month?' She said 'no not yet but they may do,' so then I knew she wasn't exactly clued up and shortly ended the call. 

Next day though, a letter arrived asking for my bank details and I filled it in and posted yesterday. They haven't asked for a SOR which is a good thing seeing as I didn't actually attend my tribunal so did not know what went on. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.