PIP appeas at tribunal a success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeas at tribunal a success

Options
cadders62
cadders62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was stopped receiving the standard DLA PIP (£ 220 approx per 4 weeks)  last August 2018  as I didn't appear for an assessment. I told the DWP I didn't receive a letter and subsequently appealed for a mandatory reason, which again was unsuccessful. On first tier appeal I won my case as the trial board could find no docemnts from DWP to prove I had ever been informed  to attend a reassessment and that I should still receive PIP as previous claim. The appeal date result was on the 10th May 2019 but neither party received the decision in writing until 24th June 2019.
Can anyone explain approximately how long before my PIP will be reinstated to its 4 weekly payments and also as the what date it should be back dated to?
Kind regards

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Usually it take about 8 weeks to receive backdated money as they didn't receive the decision until 24th June the backdated money will take longer to receive it now. It will be backdated to the date it stopped.

As you haven't been re-assessed yet then your payments will stop again when the award reaches the end date because you will need to be re-assessed before a decision can be made.

Did you previously fill out a review form?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cadders62
    cadders62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I only received a review form which I completely to say there was no change in my condition in Spring 2018? Is this the same as my award was until April 2019? I did call PIP and a guy told me as my appeal successful I would receive ongoing PIP from date of success appeal until next assessed along with backdated PIP to Aug 2018? Very confusing!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What you've been told is not correct i'm afraid. As you didn't receive a decision on the review because you didn't attend the assessment then you will only receive backdated money up until April 2019, this is because your award ended on that date and there's no award in place for you to receive any money after this date.

You will need to ring DWP to ask them to send you more PIP2 forms for you to apply again. Once a decision is made on that claim if you're successful then it will be backdated to the date your PIP ended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.