Application for medical records — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Application for medical records

Options
antoria123
antoria123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
my pip appeal was adjourned for medical records dating back 2 years.  My concern is there will be nothing on those records relating to my mobility issues which go back 8 years.  I’m worried that I won’t win my appeal without evidence other than my own submission and testimony.  Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you contacted the DWP or not? If so what was their response? Or if you havent you need to call on Monday asap to enquire about what is going on with the appeal
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not DWP that needs to be contacted because it's nothing to do with them anymore. The Tribunal have requested medical evidence for 2 years so that's what antoria needs to request from their GP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • antoria123
    Options
    Yes, I was questioned at length by the gp at my tribunal about my difficulties and the judge eventually called time on her yet she carried on questioning me.  The judge seemed doubtful of my testimony and adjourned pending medical records going back 2 years.  There won’t be anything on there concerning my mobility issues, most of that is documented prior to 2017, so I’m concerned the judge won’t be willing to award me pip on my testimony alone.  She also showed concern that my original DLA award was issued without a medical.  Feeling worried.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do you have anything else you can send along with those medical records?

Do you have an existing PIP award at all at the moment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What else can you offer for evidence? What about your PIP award? Definitely contact your GP to start with. 
  • antoria123
    Options
    There has been no pip award.  Dla was stopped and pop refused, hence the appeal .....
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Did you send any evidence at all to support your claim? all you can do is send them what they've asked for and then wait for another hearing date.
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Options
    If the mobility issues go back 8 years and is still a problem you might have to get a written letter from your Dr stating your mobility problems and that they still have an effect on you today.

Tribunal might have only asked for medical records but you can send more evidence if you have it. You don't even actually have to send medical records but it's probably best that you do even if they say nothing. 

Since your medical records don't really say anything your gonna need different evidence like letters from your GP or physio etc stating how long your problems have been going on and the effect they have on you today 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.