Claiming uc but have just won my ESA appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming uc but have just won my ESA appeal

missdebs
missdebs Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I failed my ESA assessment Aug 2018 and last week I had my tribunal hearing and was put back in the support group for 2 yrs. In the mean time I claimed uc and also failed my assessment I am also waiting for a tribunal hearing for uc. ESA have back dated me 2 days pay between ESA being stopped and my claim for uc. I still dont know if I will have to go to the uc tribunal or not and what money I will receive or even get backdated. Has anyone ever experienced this pls 

Claiming uc but have just won my ESA appeal 0 votes

ESA appeal won what next
0%
Will uc put me in the support group after winning my ESA appeal
0%

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No need for a poll here. Yes, you will still need to attend the Tribunal for the UC work capability assessment because the new assessment decision overruled the Tribunal decision for the ESA.

For the ESA decision then providing the gap between your ESA ending and you claiming UC wasn't more than 1 month then you'll receive backdated money up until the date of the new decision for the UC WCA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missdebs
    The judge has put me in the support group for 2 years from now so will I get the element for uc
  • poppy123456
    No, i'm afraid not because you were also found fit for work for the UC assessment and that decision overrules the Tribunal decision for the ESA. You will need to continue with the Tribunal for the UC decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    I'd advise you to send the recent ESA Tribunal decision to the Tribunal for the UC claim.
  • missdebs
    Ok thankyou for your advice I will send that off do you think it will make a difference for me. Or do you think  they would  take that into consideration ?
  • poppy123456
    I really can't answer that because i don't know anything about your case or your conditions. It may help, you never know. Good luck.
  • missdebs

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.