Pip had assessment what's progress letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip had assessment what's progress letter

Options
juneandlucy
juneandlucy Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Around 5weeks ago I got my assessment, a couple weeks later I got my assessment report which recommends 15points. So today I rang for an update.. I was told it was with an assessor. I decided though to ring again after a few hours and was then told a progress letter had been sent.. but he can't tell me what it says or why earlier I wasn't told. Don't know what this means or why I wasn't told this it took both 5minutes of silence after passing security to tell me this

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello it look as if the 15 points will either give you high rate of either daily living or mobility or low rate of one of them. You will have you award notification letter in a few weeks time.
  • juneandlucy
    Options
    Thanks wilko but what is a progress letter I've never had this before?
  • juneandlucy
    Options
    I was also told two separate things today from two separate staff
  • juneandlucy
    Options
    Is it standard practice?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It could be one of 2 things. The letter could be to tell you that they have all the information they need, which is a standard letter they send everyone. A decision could take another 8 weeks after this.

Or a decision could already be made but they can't see it for 24 hours until the computer updates but if a decision was made they would have said it's made but can't see it yet. I'd say it's option 1.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • juneandlucy
    Options
    Thanks poppy at what stage do they contact go etc before assessment or after? Or both
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you mean contact GP then they very rarely do this. As you've had a copy of the assessment report already then that part of the process is complete, you just need to wait for a decision to be made now.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you mean contact GP they rarely do that. Since you have a assessment report all you need to do is wait for a decision to be made. 
  • juneandlucy
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    Often they will send a form to the GP to fill out about your health conditions, however most are either not returned, returned blank or returned with very little relevant information and often are not returned quick enough to be of use. 
    I asked my GP about this and was told "I'll do it if I'm not busy" or something similar. Can't say i blame her....
  • tracey58
    tracey58 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    hello
    i had health assesment
    i git 13 fir daily living
    22 fir mobility
    and he said 2 year 
    i rang dwp and they said about progress letter
  • tracey58
    Options

my nerves are really bad,anyone else had thus
    please
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tracey58 said:
    hello
    i had health assesment
    i git 13 fir daily living
    22 fir mobility
    and he said 2 year 
    i rang dwp and they said about progress letter
    Progress letters are just letters they send with updates. They can either say that they haven’t yet made a decision or they have everything they need to make a decision.

A decision can take anything up to about 12 weeks after the report was returned. 
  • tracey58
    Options
    thank you
    its all so crazy my ng is through the roof
    does anyone know if they really do listen to the assessor report
    please
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tracey58 said:
    thank you
    its all so crazy my ng is through the roof
    does anyone know if they really do listen to the assessor report
    please
    Mostly they go with it but it has been known for them to go against it. The anxiety it causes is why we don't usually advise people to request a copy before the decision is made. 
  • tracey58
    Options
    many thanks poppy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.