DLA TO PIP - NEW TEN YEAR REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA TO PIP - NEW TEN YEAR REVIEW

Options
SeanyKate
SeanyKate Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all,  Apologies in advance for all the questions. I am a healthcare professional in Scotland and have been trying to find out this information for a long period of time. I have a degenerative nerve and muscle wasting medical condition which causes me pain, balance and mobility issues. I am still currently on an indefinate award of dla on the full mobility and care component, I have a blue badge for driving/parking. Does anyone have any information regarding the waiting times for indefinate awards from dla to pip, and in reading some article on 'Ten year pip reviews for people with most severe health conditions' , would i still have to be reassessed in person from dla to pip, and if so do I base my answers on good days or bad days in living with this nerve and muscle wasting medical conditon, as it depends day to day how I am affected with pain/balance/mobility? Hope someone can help? Best wishes, SeanyKate. :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,239 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will eventually be ask to apply for PIP if you were under 65 on 8th April 2013. There's still a lot of people waiting to invited but it will definitely happen at some point in the future.

Most people have face to face assessments yes, even those on high awards for DLA. DLA and PIP are different benefits and an indefinite award of DLA doesn't automatically mean you'll be awarded PIP successfully. It will depend on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. It's not about a diagnosis.

If you're successful then you'll be given a length of time before you're reviewed, which is usually 1 year before the award is due to end. Unfortunately, having an indefinite award for DLA doesn't mean you'll have a 10 year award for PIP.

You'll need evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

When filling out the PIP form you should put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

When the time comes if you have any questions i'm sure someone will answer you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.