Can I email them? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I email them?

Options
Dylan
Dylan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I merely want to ask them if I were to use the phone number for the counselling reception, for two different therapists who work at the same building for the people who I need as references, and also if that is acceptable at all, and since I'm not sure if they'd be ok with giving out a personal phone number, if the reception's number is ok - and if then they'd need dates and times when they would have access to the phone etc - or how can I do it? I can call them up if I really need to, but it's not convenient because then I need to find a time when I can leave the house so that my parents don't hear me on the phone to them and I can talk about my personal problems.

Any idea if anyone has experience with a similar issue?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @dylan, can I just check, are you asking if it's alright just to give the general phone number for your therapist's reception as the contact details to support your PIP application? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @dylon, for what ever reason you need to give a person's personal or private contact details to a third party, PIP, ESS or any other organisation you must get the persons permission to submit their details as a contactable person before doing so. 
  • Dylan
    Dylan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope, yes - that is what I'm asking. I'd assume somebody has an answer, as this must be quite a common question or query?
  • jaja
    jaja Community member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Dylan

Hope you're okay. I was just wondering how you would feel about asking the counsellor what they would prefer? The counsellor can then be contacted in a way that suits them.

Take care
    J

• buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Options
    Dylan said:
    I merely want to ask them if I were to use the phone number for the counselling reception, for two different therapists who work at the same building for the people who I need as references, and also if that is acceptable at all, and since I'm not sure if they'd be ok with giving out a personal phone number, if the reception's number is ok - and if then they'd need dates and times when they would have access to the phone etc - or how can I do it? I can call them up if I really need to, but it's not convenient because then I need to find a time when I can leave the house so that my parents don't hear me on the phone to them and I can talk about my personal problems.

Any idea if anyone has experience with a similar issue?
    When one gives a GP number as an example it’s usually the general surgery number. So the main number would suffice. 
    If the HCP/assessor should need to call either of your counsellors and they are not available they would leave a number to be called back on.  I doubt the HCP/assessor would want to talk with you on the telephone.

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.