MS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MS

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
Hi everyone, sorry I’ve not been on the website for a while but a few months ago i was diagnosed with PPMS and it’s knocked me for six. I went to the doctors complaining of various symptoms and he referred me to a consultant at Stoke hospital, after several tests it came back with MS. It was hard at first to take in but now I’m getting use to the idea. Every day is hard the symptoms are ridiculously horrible. It’s making it harder because i live on my own and with being in a wheelchair as well it just seems to keep me down, being down means depression and anxiety. I don’t know if anyone has MS but if you could post ideas and help that would be nice. Take care NC

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps and glad to see you again! Sorry to here you've had a difficult few months! A new diagnosis is never easy, do you have much support around you? What kind of ideas are you after today?

Hope to see you around :)
    Scope

• cripps
    Hello there, i don’t have any support which is really hard because every thing i do or need i have to do myself. I’ve been in touch with a social worker but I’m still waiting for them to get back to me with an appointment time for a new assessment. Why does it all take so long no wonder people give up but i can’t cope on my own so I’ve got no choice but to wait. NC
  • cripps
    Hello there, i don’t have any support which is really hard because every thing i do or need i have to do myself. I’ve been in touch with a social worker but I’m still waiting for them to get back to me with an appointment time for a new assessment. Why does it all take so long no wonder people give up but i can’t cope on my own so I’ve got no choice but to wait. NC
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, newbie here and looking back at posts. Back in 1999 I was told I `probably` had PPMS. I swatted up on it, joined the national support group and got carers etc. 10 years later my diagnosis changed to something quite different...HSP...hereditary spastic paraplegia! But I stayed with the MS group, as I had made a lot of friends. Plus my experiences were welcomed by others there and I identified.

Moving on now to the present day. I`m on no support group, still need carers and quite dependent on hubby almost all the time.

How you doing chuck?

• cripps
    Hi there, nice to read your post on PPMS ( which i have) to update you on how I’m doing which is not very good but I’m determined to do as much as i can myself. I’ve had the social service and occupational therapy people doing there upmost to get me help with carers but I’ve turned them down so i can live my life the way i want too. I know it may be a bit silly turning them down but life has forced this illness on me so I’m going to fight it my way right to the end. It’s nice to know you have someone to fall onto so be kind to each other and have a happy life.  Take care. NC
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again cripps.....if you can manage to take care of yourself, then that`s great. Pleased for you. But dont overdo things and listen to your body xxx
  • cripps
    Thanks for replying, when i think about it i don’t think it’s what I’m able to do but more that i enjoy my freedom. Complete strangers coming in to my house is not for me, I’ve just moved here and I’m out of the way and away from nosey people. Just me and my cat ? is all i need, but i do understand where your coming from, i just hope i can go forever until the end. NC

Brightness