Will they pay a lump sum? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will they pay a lump sum?

Options
paul360
paul360 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone new to this group . I was on the higher rate of DLA for 20yrs . Then last year went onto the pip . Where it was stopped.  I appealed against it and was granted the standard mobility.  But are appealing to get my DLA back as they didn't take into account what my welfare officer said . Will they pay a lump some for my pip seeing that it's over a year now 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paul360 and a warm welcome to the community! You will get the PIP backdated. However, you cannot be on DLA and PIP at the same time. I hope this helps :)

Scope

• fab66
    fab66 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    PiP replaced DLA a lot of people have been caught out by being on DLA and not being aware of changes to each element. Take my advice and join a relevant site which advises in plain English what information they now need. Plus the next move being people who get benefit and are post retirement, looks like they will only get one to ones if they report changes to their health. So in laymen’s terms is you get your current PIP at a good rate it costs them more than they want to pay out because we know what we should get therefore we Appeal. Whereas if it’s a 10 year review a lot of the older generation look at it like “well I might not be here in another 10 years I’ll see what I’m like then” and let any worsening of health go  so they don’t go through the hassle.
    ill let you know I had my first PIP and surprisingly got a better outcome, however my review is next April. Do I go for worsening health? My osteoarthritis has gotten worse in my mobility and pain. It would be easier if it comes through with a light review, but I know I’ll need more help soon so I would have to say I need significantly more assistance. But at what price! Don’t know what I’ll do yet!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,033 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately you won't be able to go back onto DLA because it no longer exists and PIP has replaced that. If the Tribunal rule in your favour and you're successfully awarded PIP then you'll be backdated any money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.