Tribunal backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal backpay

Options
jaqisitt
jaqisitt Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my tribunal this morning. Only lasted ten minutes. They could not have been kinder. No one from dwp there. Have been awarded enhanced for both. They based decision on my supporting evidence which they said cast huge doubts on validity of the assessment. I was told I would receive backpay to when dwp made their decision in August. I thought it was to when they received my renewal application form. Can anyone tell me what actually happens please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,191 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Great news! Looking at previous threads from you i see that you were previously claiming PIP but this stopped when you were reviewed. This means that you'll receive backdated money from the date your PIP stopped and not from when you sent in the forms.

Backdated money can take 8 weeks.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jaqisitt
    Options
    Sorry wasn't entirely clear. Pip didn't stop completely I went from enhanced both to just standard living but enhanced was reinstated today
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Doesn't make any difference, you'll still receive backdated money from the date of the decision made and not from when you returned the forms because it's a review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jaqisitt
    Options
    I thought I would get it back dated to when they received the renewal forms in may
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jaqisitt - you should get it backdated to the date of the decision......
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jaqisitt said:
    I thought I would get it back dated to when they received the renewal forms in may
    I'm not sure why you're thinking this, but it's not correct.
  • jaqisitt
    Options
    Thank you. There is a lot of conflicting Info so am glad it's clarified

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.