Zero points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Zero points

Sidtrainer1
Sidtrainer1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had 2 assessments now having got 0 points on the 1st (mandatory redecision unsuccessful ) and on the second assessment surprisingly 0 points again(am now waiting for the outcome of this..
The reports sent to me off both assessments was just full of lies . 
This has just sent my mental health into overdrive.. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sidtrainer1, hello and welcome, sorry that you never got the award you thought you should have had. As you know from your recent applications for PIP the Benefit is awarded not on a disability, diagnosis or health problem but on your abilities to do preform the tasks described in the pip descriptors safely, repeatedly and in a timely manner. When you first applied for PIP did you take a self test to see how you would do in an assessment? A lot of applicants for benefits have the assumption that they are entitled or can get certain benefits because they have a certain medical condition, diagnosis or disability with looking into what the claiming criteria is for the benefits they are applying for. So I would seek face to face advice from your local CAB before reapplying for the PIP benefit making sure you meet the criteria for claiming.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sidtrainer1 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm so sorry to hear this and I cannot begin to imagine how stressful and frustrating this is! Unfortunately, most decisions are not changed until a tribunal. Are you now waiting for your tribunal result? I really hope you are more successful with this!
    Scope

• Sidtrainer1
    No I'm still waiting for my mandatory decision "again" been six weeks so far.. 
    Sent a letter explaining what they got wrong(well they blatantly lied on my report) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Why have you had 2 face to face assessments? Is the 2nd assessment because you started a new claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    To mirror @poppy123456, how come this is your second MR?
    Scope

• Sidtrainer1
    Because I got zero points on my last assessment .. This is the second time I applied for PIP. And got zero points again. 
  • poppy123456
    Is there any reason you didn't request the Tribunal the first time?

To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see you being constantly refused. Most MR decisions remain the same so it's highly likely you'll receive that decision again this time.

The only answer is to request the Tribunal within 1 month of the date of the MR decision. Waiting times are huge across most of the country and some are waiting a year for a hearing date and appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. 74% of those who appear have a decision in their favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Ah okay, I think I understand now @Sidtrainer1, thank you for this. Decisions unfortunately are rarely changed at a MR and it is a tribunal which would give you a much higher chance. Here is some more information about the tribunal process and if you need any help then please do not hesitate to ask!
    Scope

• suzy_sugar2005
    suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    No I'm still waiting for my mandatory decision "again" been six weeks so far.. 
    Sent a letter explaining what they got wrong(well they blatantly lied on my report) 
    Hi Sid 
    I dont think it's the case that they lied it's just their opinion. And from what I've come to realise they say no to alot of people who are first time claimants. I totally failed in my CQ because I did not medically state how it affects me. I'm just glad i realised before my first decision (still waiting on)  because i have sent in a letter to the CM and now i have a QAM and a supplementary report. 

Suzanne
  • poppy123456
    Refusing a lot of first time claimants is not true. You will of course only hear the bad stories on an internet forum. Lots of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems at all. My daughter and myself are two of them and my daughters first claim she was awarded Enhanced for both and she doesn't suffer with any physical conditions.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Oh no I have also read a lot of successful ones also but I do believe that if you cant state to them in the correct way how it affects you then they take advantage and say no. It's a very hard thing to apply for and you need to get across as best you can how it affects you. Nerve wrecking experience alone without having to talk to a complete stranger an expect them to understand. 
  • poppy123456
    As i previously said, there's really no correct wording to use, whether you're claiming for a physical condition or mental health.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Ok poppy I wasnt looking to be shot down but thank you for you kind welcome. No need to make the discussion about how I've worded it rather than the advice I seek. 
  • poppy123456
    I wasn't shooting you down and i'm sorry that you think i was. As a community champion here on scope I have come to realise that it can often be very difficult to read correctly what someone is saying and sometimes words can be misinterpreted because of this.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.