How long until reassessment ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until reassessment ?

Dinkysaurus
Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
I had my last ESA award in January 2014. I was placed in the support group. It seems a long time ago. Is that normal, how often do you normally get reassessed? What's the maximum amount of time? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's very likely that there's a huge backlog in your area. I wouldn't worry too much because your money will continue, regardless of how long it is between re-assessments. There's no end date to Income Related ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dinkysaurus
    Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Oh thank you Poppy, much appreciated.
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    edited July 2019
    I've just had a health assessment form, spose to be back on the 12th! Whoops! So I'm gonna ask for another form cause my ex friend filled half of it, so it would be a bit strange in my scrawl lol. My question is will they sanction me? Cos at the moment I ain't got a pot to **** [edited by moderator] in excuse my french! I wish you all well and delicate hugs xx
  • poppy123456
    Tra7cy said:
    I've just had a health assessment form, spose to be back on the 12th! Whoops! So I'm gonna ask for another form cause my ex friend filled half of it, so it would be a bit strange in my scrawl lol. My question is will they sanction me? Cos at the moment I ain't got a pot to **** in excuse my french! I wish you all well and delicate hugs xx
    There's no extension of time for returning the ESA50 form.  There's a relaxation in the rule if you're claiming for mental health reasons, otherwise you could very likely be found fit for work for failing to return the form. If this happens then your money will stop and you will need to give your reasons why you didn't return the form.

Very complicated indeed. See the first 2 paragraphs of this link. http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-have-you-failed-submit-esa50-questionnaire

As a community champion here on scope please be aware of your language because this is against scope rules.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    The saying having no pot to **** in goes back to a time when people used to sell urine to tan leather,poor people were issued with a pot which was collected by the **** taker ....sometimes these pots were stolen by people to double their  output ...so then not having a pot to **** in meant your only income had gone so not having a pot to **** in was a regular comment......has a slight different meaning now .....but on a more serious note the D.W.P will find anyway they can to avoid paying you ,they are a law unto themselves and it would be in your best interest to adhere to the rules .....
  • weeemma88
    weeemma88 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Hi guys,I have read on social media that ESA  back payments is only going back too 2011,why,I was changed over from IB in 2009 to ESA CB benefit,I have been underpaid since then,why stop at 2011, is anyone else on here in the same situation.?
  • poppy123456
    weeemma88 said:
    Hi guys,I have read on social media that ESA  back payments is only going back too 2011,why,I was changed over from IB in 2009 to ESA CB benefit,I have been underpaid since then,why stop at 2011, is anyone else on here in the same situation.?
    Hi,

I previously answered this on your other thread a few weeks ago. Here's the thread in question. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/60965/underpaid-esa#latest

• weeemma88
    weeemma88 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Never read it Poppy 123456, will go in and read it,thank you for that ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.