More PIP bother. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

More PIP bother.

Stoical65iam
Stoical65iam Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hello everyone, can anyone give any helpful advice please. I think i may have made an error on my PIP application form that could count against me. On the page about your disabilities or health conditions i stated my diagnosed conditions and when they started, however i also written down my undiagnosed conditions and when they started as it doesn't state anywhere on the page that your condition must be diagnosed, i think i've made a mistake doing this.  Even though i can see my Doctor when he returns from holiday , it won't be soon enough as my assessment is next week and i'm even more worried.  Given all the justifiable criticism the DWP/PIP get, they'll probably say i've lied and get a kick out of refusing me PIP.

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a look at the PIP descriptors for each activity. Use them as a guide as they can be helpful. For more information go to this link. What do you need support with? Think about that first before proceeding further.  https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
    Do you have a social worker or not? Our amazing social worker helped me advocate for my son. She read his assessment report and then circled all of the wrong information using a red pen carefully. My son’s first ever report was full of nonsense. I almost fell whilst reading it privately in my bedroom. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome. 
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool/thank-you 
    This is a free tool for appeal letters. Make sure you provide enough information on the boxes as required. This is your chance to tell them all about yourself. Can you request a tribunal? If it does go to that point remember they do care about you.
    Try not to stress. Distract yourself. All you can do is await their decision quietly. I know this is hard but hang in there. Also call CAB for advice and support. They can help you contest the decision as well. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This certainly doesn't mean you'll be refused. I really wouldn't worry too much about it, PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.  Just attend the face to face assessment and answer the questions with as much detail as possible.

Have you sent evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.

Once the assessment is done, wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they most go with the report.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stoical65iam
    Stoical65iam Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thankyou very much guys for your knowledge and support. I know about the descriptors which seem to vary when you look a little deeper, but i did use them when answering the questions on the form.  I understand the F2F assessment questions are a tick box exercise and are designed to make it very difficult for you to express yourself and make things clear, so it is very easy to think these assessments are not fit for purpose. To answer a couple more of your questions , the only support i receive is from my GP and my family. I was getting a little help from the government before cutbacks in the system and from charity groups until i became too ill to cope. As regards evidence , i wasn't able to get a written statement from my GP, well at least until he returns from holiday. However i sent in what i could which included a medical report from last year ; a successful letter of appeal from a Judge and a Doctor at a tribunal ; a pdf file containing a successful not fit for work WCA both from this year. I also sent in proof of my medication and a transcript from a past work coach explaining a little about me. I'll wait until the result of the F2F before i decide my next steps. Thanks again guys for your help. Kind regards.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.