Had My 2nd PIP Assessment Yesterday..! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had My 2nd PIP Assessment Yesterday..!

belfastdavid
belfastdavid Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my 2nd Pip face to face assessment yesterday, the last one being a home visit just over a year ago. This time I had to go to Capita's assessment centre, which I found extremely unnerving.
But truth be told it wasn't as stressful an event as I thought it would be. I was taken bang on time, the assessor (who only referenced herself as from a "clinical background), could not have been more friendly. She explained every aspect of the assessment as she did it, was very considerate and went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and understood what was going on.
Now, I am not so naive as to take this as a positive outcome when it comes to any decision, because it did cross my mind several times that I was somehow being tricked, but I have always believed that "the truth will out", and I simply told her the way things are.! And if my award is stopped or changed because of anything in her report I believe to be inaccurate or untrue, I will appeal with vigour.! 
I even said, "you guy's at Capita have earned yourselves quite a reputation", and she replied that they were implementing a lot of changes.
So what I am trying to say to anyone waiting on a face to face assessment, is take a deep breath, gather all your information and go into the room with confidence that if you are telling the truth, then who can disagree with you?
That is not to say that we will get the decision that we feel we are entitled to, but hopefully we can take the stress out of the actual assessment.
I actually found the home visit I had last year more stressful. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Now you have had your assessment next week midweek time contact DWP and request a copy of the assessment report, on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be. But you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • belfastdavid
    wilko said:
    Now you have had your assessment next week midweek time contact DWP and request a copy of the assessment report, on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be. But you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
    Does that apply to Northern Ireland.? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    No, they won't send a copy of the report before a decision is made. Once it's made then you can request it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • belfastdavid
    edited July 2019
    No, they won't send a copy of the report before a decision is made. Once it's made then you can request it.
    Thanks. Wasn't sure what applied to N. Ireland.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.