What's your favourite movie and why? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's your favourite movie and why?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I like movies about mental health or prison movies as I have an interest in them or any phycological dramas 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I love lots of movies. Too many to choose. One I recently saw was called The Perfect Date on Netflix. My favorite film from my childhood is the Lion King because of the lessons you can learn. 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @April2018mom oh I haven't watched that yet on Netflix. My favourite film is girl interrupted. It's very realistic when it comes to things about mental health. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I watch films on Netflix.....so many to choose from.....but I love a true story. 

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    @April2018mom oh I haven't watched that yet on Netflix. My favourite film is girl interrupted. It's very realistic when it comes to things about mental health. 
    I must watch it then. Has anyone seen Five Feet Apart yet? What do you think of it? Is it a good film to see or not?
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

Hi@Tammyjane33,     

I enjoy all types of films but have just watched Forrest Gump again   A truly magnificent film covering so many topics of love, abuse, disabilities, wartime atrocities, illnesses, cancer, Aids, politics, and more.  One man's successful journey through life presented in an inspiring and humorous way...Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Has anyone seen `Inside I`m Dancing`? It`s a great film about a lad in a chair and his friend with CP. Love it.x

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I've seen that one, @pollyanna1052.  It's an excellent movie!  Really moving!  I like the old classic movies like "Gone With The Wind" and love "Dirty Dancing" and "Top Gun".  Looking forward to the sequel to "Top Gun" coming out next year.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness