Why do you need to take paperwork "bundle" to pip appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why do you need to take paperwork "bundle" to pip appeal?

Options
nikkif
nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
nikkif Posts: 18 Connected
Hi all. I've been waiting over a year for my appeal. I was granted standard rate for daily living but there are many factors that made me disagree with their decision. I had a date last month and was too ill to attend. I recieved a letter stating that the court had decided to adjourn rather than let it take place in my absence "in the interest of justice" 1st question is is this a standard letter for an adjournment next is that my appeal.is now om Friday and I've been told to take my bundle that I was sent. Can anyone tell me why this is?? Should I be making points and highlights in the bundle?? Can anyone help?? 
Thanks.

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome

Ring the DWP to find out. Do you have a advocate or not? My son’s amazing social worker acts as my advocate. 

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    How do we get one.of thoes 
  • nikkif
    nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Options
    They send it to you once they recieve your appeal. 
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Options
    nikkif said:
    nikkif Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi all. I've been waiting over a year for my appeal. I was granted standard rate for daily living but there are many factors that made me disagree with their decision. I had a date last month and was too ill to attend. I recieved a letter stating that the court had decided to adjourn rather than let it take place in my absence "in the interest of justice" 1st question is is this a standard letter for an adjournment next is that my appeal.is now om Friday and I've been told to take my bundle that I was sent. Can anyone tell me why this is?? Should I be making points and highlights in the bundle?? Can anyone help?? 
    Thanks.

In the interest of justice, is likened to being fair, giving you a chance to put your case and answer any questions the tribunal members may have regarding your appeal.

You would address any questions regarding the appeal process directly to HMCTS clerk not to the DWP it is independent of the DWP. 

You need to take your bundle as it contains all the paperwork required for the case, along with your SSCS1 form you filled in to start the process and also the reasons you are appealing. 

Have  a read of the following link from CAB it explains the process, and also has a link to see if there is an advocate or representative available locally. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    CAB very rarely represent at a Tribunal now because they don't have the funding. Welfare rights and a law centre will represent, this link will tell you what's available in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.