Help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please

Options
dannyUK76
dannyUK76 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
Hi everyone hope use well. 

OK so in moved to a Universal Credit area and had to appaly for it got first payment but still getting esa contributions based I need to know if I stop my esa will I still get the esa element on universal credit i am lost and dont want to make a mistake. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @dannyUK76. You should be getting the LCW/LCWRA element on Universal Credit and then the Contribution Based ESA deducted £ for £ from your UC award. Does your first statement from UC reflect that?

Just to check, are you wanting to close the contribution based ESA so that you get all of your money just via UC and not from two places?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dannyUK76
    Options
    Yes I want all from universal credit as can't budget and they going pay me every 7 days I get 

Standard allowance

You get a standard amount each month. You said you're in a couple

£498.89

Housing

You said that your rent is £394.68per month, and you pay £57.13 in service charges each month

£451.81

Carer

You said that you are caring for someone.

£160.20

Limited capability for work and work-related activity

You said your health affects you at work or prevents you from working

Limited capability for work and work-related activity

You said your health affects you at work or prevents you from working

£336.20

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @dannyUK76, it is my understanding that you can close your contribution-based ESA and just continue to receive it under Universal Credit. But I'd recommend seeking some face-to-face advice, just for confirmation before closing your ESA account.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dannyUK76
    Options
    Hi thanks for reply I phoned esa and would you believe it she said she can't close my account as universal credit flagged up or something said I had phone uc and ask them to close it. 
    I phoned them uc and they said they can't close my esa as they only deal with uc. 

I am a bit annoyed and confused to he honest. 
    ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.