Should I expect PIP decision back from date of the text given or the letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I expect PIP decision back from date of the text given or the letter?

benahan
benahan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
received a text 5 weeks ago saying that DWP had received my PIP claim and I would hear within 6 weeks, then had a letter through about a week ago saying the same thing posted at a later date! Not sure which one I should be following in regards to the 6 week guide.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @benahan, Hello and welcome, if you have had your assessment then you can request a copy of the assessment report and on receiving it see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Its backdated to the date you rang to start your claim, if it’s a new claim. If successfully awarded. 

If you’re transferring from DLA then you won’t receive any backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.