PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

catherineryan40
catherineryan40 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Evening all I have just had my Forms to transfer from an indefinite award from DLA to pip i suffer with CP and am wheel chair bound and also suffer with epilepsy does any body have any idea what the waiting time for Dwp to make a decision please thank you.

Comments

• catherineryan40
    Evening everyone i am  new member just wanted to know how long does it take Dwp to make a decision i have been in receipt of DLa since i was
     16 due to having cerebal palsy am wheel chair bound and also suffer with epilepsy  was awarded an indefinite DLA many thanks new member my name is Catherine.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    When did you apply? I’d call tomorrow to chase things up. 
  • catherineryan40
    DWP rang me 2 weeks tomorrow to start the claim my PA,posted them back Monday just gone.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, there is no set time for the official award confirmation letter once you have had your assessment you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter which can take up to 8 weeks or more to arrive. 
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    It was 6 weeks for me after having the f2f assessment. 
  • catherineryan40
    Thank you I,m not looking forward to my f2f assessment as I get anxious when I am in room with people whom I don’t know .
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Thank you I,m not looking forward to my f2f assessment as I get anxious when I am in room with people whom I don’t know .
    Just do what I did and treat it as another hospital appointment.
    It's just about 45mins to an hour of answering questions that the HCP asks.
    I supplied evidence for everything I'd put on the PIP form and also supplied an up to date repeat prescription list, the HCP who was a nurse seemed to be happy with that and didn't need anything else. 

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`m waiting also. sent my PIP claim for last Monday. Good luck to everyone else.I asked for a home based f2f...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.